English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku - Netkobiety.pl

Dołącz do Forum Kobiet Netkobiety.pl! To miejsce zostało stworzone dla pełnoletnich, aktywnych i wyjątkowych kobiet, właśnie takich jak Ty! Otrzymasz tutaj wsparcie oraz porady użytkowniczek forum! Zobacz jak wiele nas łączy ...

Szukasz darmowej porady, wsparcia ? Nie zwlekaj zarejestruj się !!!

Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Strony Poprzednia 1 2 3 4 5 6 Następna

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Posty [ 241 do 300 z 303 ]

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

I try to stay opened for reading options. Yes I like fantasy but will not decline other ones. I have heard about this book somewhere...and i think I have seen the cover..But kill me I dont remember where. How many books this series has?

Let me think, there are "Confessions of a shopaholic", "Shopaholic abroad", "Shopaholic ties the knot", "Shopaholic and sister", "Shopaholic and baby" and "Mini shopaholic". That's the correct order I think. There may be more of then coming, because the last book had sort of an open ending that allows the story to continue into another book. Hope you know what I mean... smile

truskaweczka19 napisał/a:

I don't read books in English, because I can't understand everything, I must improve English.

I think you should still read them. I didn't understand everything when I started reading in English, but still managed to understand the main ideas and what the whole story was about. The more you read, the more you understand, so whether it's books or magazines, I would advise you read in English. It's a very good way to improve your language skills. I've tested it and it works big_smile

Cinema is always good smile Unfortunately, the one in my town is a bit crap, so I always end up going to another town. It is a bit of a distance, but hey there are McDonalds and KFC on the way, so somehow almost always end up going there as well. tongue
However, they are rebuilding the town square and there is going to be a big cinema, so maybe I will not have to go so far to comfortably watch a movie. We'll see smile

"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Zobacz podobne tematy :

242 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-17 17:38:19)

You have a right. I must read English books or magazines, I can't understand everything, sometimes I don't remeber really simple words, but if I read more I can improve English  smile. Evidently I'm too lazy, but I must change it smile.

"Czytanie książek to najpiękniejsza zabawa, jaką sobie ludzkość wymyśliła"

Wisława Szymborska
truskaweczka19 napisał/a:

You have a right. I must read English books or magazines, I can't understand everything, sometimes I don't remeber really simple words, but if I read more I can improve English  smile. Evidently I'm too lazy, but I must change it smile.

That's the spirit!! smile Let me know how you get on smile And don't worry if you only understand the main story line, that's enough at the beginning. You'll see that the more you read the more you understand. Good luck smile

"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wow!
Beautiful Nightmare thats quite a lot of books smile Im actually tempted to go 4 it. Thanks.
About reading...I can read in english but prefer read books in polish. When I had to do my studies I had 2 read a lots of books and I managed. But it was not a pleasure. And 4 me reading must be pleasure. Unfortunately in here there is no polish books so I have to order them in  Poland. Cant imagine to read fantasy books in english. smile Just cant. Im a keen reader can go through one big book a day but when I read in englih my brain gets tired quickly. Magazines and newspapers are fine can read them but sophisticated books r tough.
I love cinema. On my own or with someone. Like big screen and popcorn and all what cmes with this (no double meaning) smile
Sometimes go on my own because why not? smile But actually my question about cinema meant what movies do u all like?
Do u watch 4 future releases? Im looking forward to movie "Prometeus" in cinemas june 2012. Also cant wait 4 Battleship (hang on it might be on now!! )
Also Avengers look quite interesting.
Im sick if I dont go 2 cinema at least once a month big_smile Love it!! big_smile

Kiedy się urodziłam, diabeł spojrzał, skrzywił się i mruknął...szlag konkurencja big_smile

OMG! Everytime how I've wanted write here,  I didn't knew what! So, I have much to make up, but I promise I will look in here all time! big_smile

(maybe my English is better that earlier... my false hopes big_smile)

"Nie bój się, uwierz w siebie, masz już wszystko, poczuj więc, że przed tobą cała przyszłość, przecież wiesz"
"Trzeba przecież kochać coś, by żyć. Mieć gdzieś jakiś własny ląd choćby o te dziesięć godzin stąd"
Sadie napisał/a:

Wow!
Beautiful Nightmare thats quite a lot of books smile Im actually tempted to go 4 it. Thanks.

(...)

But actually my question about cinema meant what movies do u all like?

No problem smile Let me know whether you like it or not smile Hope you will do smile

About cinema... I like to go, but I don't seem to go as often anymore. The last film I saw was "We bought a zoo", which was brilliant! smile I love watching comedies and chick-flicks. I still remember when my friends dragged me to the cinema to watch "Paranormal activity 2"... :-/ I don't watch horror movies as it is, because I get really scared, and I definitely don't like watching horror movies at the cinema. If that wasn't bad enough, we were sitting in the second row!! I was hiding behind my hands for over half of the film!! haha
I like actions movies too. My brother wants me to take him to see "Avengers", so maybe I'll see that smile

Im counting days down to Avengers :D In cinema 26 april. And I am gonna go...
On Paranormal Activity 2 I made a scene in the cinema because when all those hanged pans and frying pans and cubets axploded I was the only one in the cinema who shouted :D Peope looked at me like at the freak :D
So I prefer horrors in the quiet of my own house where I have my husband to go upstairs and turn on all lights before i go there :)

Kiedy się urodziłam, diabeł spojrzał, skrzywił się i mruknął...szlag konkurencja big_smile

Haha funny you mention that. I remember that scene very well. I shouted as well I think, but not only because I got scared when everything exploded, but at exactly the same time my friend, who was sitting next to me, decided to grab my hand!! My blood pressure went through the roof.... :-/

Imagine...
Strange hand in the darkness grabing u...U must shit your pants big_smile
I like sitting at the end rows. Everybody is lower than me and nobody is spoiling my view.
I managed once to spill a full 0.75l large coke all way down...I could literally hear a waterfall coming down (shame on me) so we moved on the side a bit... Gosh!! That was awfull...thank god nobody seemed to noticed....
eautifull where about in uk r u?

I tell you what, I almost did shit my pants! tongue
Oh dear, that sounds like a serious accident... Did you spill it on yourself or just on the floor? Because, if it went on your clothes, how did you manage to get out of the cinema without anyone noticing?
I always end up being covered in popcorn as somehow manage to miss my mouth tongue

I live in Stratford-upon-Avon. Maybe you've heard? It's a popular tourist destination, because of the whole William Shakespeare business smile
Where abouts are you from??

By the way, after watching something scary, I am always afraid to lock myself in the bathroom... I'm guessing that's surely not normal haha

No I didnt spill it on myself. I tried to lift it off the floor onto the handle on my chair and didnt get good grip on this...Dropped it on the floor and knocked it with my foot... Rest is a history smile
Popcorn everywhere? Oh Yeah smile At least its not extremely messy I guess...Did u know in here we have sweet popcorn?? What a waste of sugar and corn smile Thats against nature.
Gosh! Stradford-upon-what? Avon is a jewellry and cosmetics brand and Im gonna stick 2 it smile
Shakespeare? Yeah, heard of him but no further relationship with him. Not my type of books he produced smile
BTW after watching scary movie my dogs r extremely happy because they get a chance to b in the bedroom with me smile
Another good think about our inema is the fact that its close to big retail park wher we can find loads of nice restaurants and shops. Including my favourite IKEA big_smile
Guilty...My husband hates it now cos we went through some period of time when we were there pretty much every week. And he is a bloke with no desire to look at the candles, artificial flowers and all that crap smile So Im taking him to Home Sense instead big_smile
Do u girls like shops like Ikea? Or u prefer clothes shopping big_smile I cant decide which one I like more big_smile

That's good then. A least you didn't end up looking like you just got out the bath tongue
I know, sweet popcorn is ridiculous... My dad and brother like it, but I think it's horrible. Salty popcorn all the way!! big_smile
Haha Avon is also a river tongue It's a nice little town actually smile
IKEA...I think I've only been there once or twice in my life. But then again, I live with my parents, so I haven't had a chance to decorate my own home, not yet anyway tongue
At the minute my favorite shop is New Look and recently Deichmann (not sure about the spelling) as well, because I got an amazing pair of shoes from there!! Shoes are my weakness... sad

So r mine!! I love shoes. And bags but a bit less. But I absoltely adore shoes. Unfortunately I have very expensive taste in that matter so...suffering most of time when I c shoes I would love to have but cant afford. smile Eh I need 2 rob a bank. Or even better a few banks big_smile
How about restaurants? Who likes having meals in a restaurants? What r your tastes? Spanish? Mexican? Chinese? Or just classic polish meals?

My husband is a massive fan of polish meals. When I started cooking he wasnt sure about this to start of but after few meals like schabowy or bretony beans he fall in love with polish cooking. Still cannot convince him to try mushroom but...I will find a way smile

My and my husband love a good food (my waist can say) but we try ot to go 2 often (expensive). I fall in love with curry popular indian meal. I always liked chinese and now I actually cook it at home. Bought a cooking book and trying chinese recipes at home. And I am a massive fan of Mexican and Italian food. Spaghetti is my crown delight smile And Enchiladas. Popular mexican meal with chicken breast, cheese wrapped in tortilla wraps baked with tomato sauce and more cheese smile Yum yum. smile

Hi girls ;-) When I looked at your posts I have noticed that you all talking about shopping so then I have decided to join in to the conversation. In the place where I live there is not many shops tho, but I will always find something for myself as I am not that choosy as I used to be. There are some nice clothes in Primark, but quality is rubish. I only buy shirts in there that I wear when I go to work lol. I remember the day when I went shopping and I was going to buy some nice dressess as I was going on holiday. I was so exited when I saw this nice dress in Primark only for 2 pound! bargain! It looked so nice on me, it suited perfectly! I bought it! Then i went on holiday... I have tried this dress before, but I didn't wear it as i thought to myself I keep it on a special day. Well I put it on, and at the same time shoulder strap has torn. I was so angry!!! But i learnt my lesson, and I don't buy anything from primark anymore, unless it's socks big_smile
From different selection of shops I do like New Look, and Beals as well.
There are often sales in shops so you can get lots of clothes, shoes really cheap! Love it ! I would have to go London one day and do my shopping there ! I have only 1 hour to London by train, not far at all, but If i had more money I would go tongue
xx

Relationships are like addiction. Cut it off clean and fast. If you ever find yourself tempted to go back, run away and don't look back!

255 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-20 21:02:39)

I don;t like shopping, as my father tongue. I like bags, but I don't enjoy be in a shop for hours and watching something. I prefer go somewhere, watching for a while and buy something, which I like smile. Shoes? I like 'balerinki' or sport shoes. I don;t like ellegant shoes, I don't wearing heels. I have one shoe with heels, but I rather don't like wearing it, so I wearing it only for a special ocassion.
Of course, I love good food, but on my diet I can eat some yummy things tongue. I want to try shrimps (yeah, I serach it word in dictionary tongue), because I never taste it. I eat rather traditional dishes, but I want to try something new. I used to disgust shrimps, octopusts, but now I want to eat it. In all ,I can spit out it, when it don;t taste good wink. Sadie, your husband , know what is taste tongue I like schabowy and other polish dish too smile. I love pasta salad and other dishes with pasta, when I'm on a diet I eat brown pasta, it's very good smile. From Chinese in restaurant I try only 'kurczak w cieścier". Awesome wink. Now I'm eating a salad for my supper and sandwich smile. I have lose 8 kilograms already smile

Wisława Szymborska

Sadie I'm sorry to ask, don't answer if you don't want to, but is your husband not Polish?

Talking about food, I am a bit fussy when it comes to eating. For example, I love curry, but I hate spicy food. Weird, I know!! tongue I'm not too keen on Mexican though, it just tastes like food for people who don't have teeth hmm I'm not quite there yet tongue

saffari I've had very similar experiences with stuff from Primark. The quality is ridiculous hmm
Shopping in London sounds like fun. I have about 2 hours on the train and may have to go on a shopping spree one day. Better start saving now smile

truskaweczka19 I'm totally opposite in terns of shoes that I like to wear. I love wearing high heels. Unfortunately, I have to walk between different places and it's not always possible to almost run in heels, but I wear them as much as possible. I'm hoping that I get a nice office job, where I'll be able to wear all of my lovely shoes smile Even the fact that I'm tall and people say that I don't need heels, doesn't stop me from wearing them smile

I understand tongue I maybe buy heels, because my boyfriend, want to see me in it. Maybe, sometimes I wear it, but I don't want to wear it often, rather for special ocassion . I'm with my boyfirend 3 years, at all. tongue. I have 170 cm wink. I like my height. I don;t like heels often (often for me it's every day or once a week), because it's not health for foot, I'm strongly try to life healthy for some time. But of course, if somebody love heels, let wear it often smile. It's not important, that you are tall, it's your choice. I don't need it, altough my tall is medium, simply I feel good now smile. So don;t think about it, you must feel comfortable smile.

Spicy food? I like smile. When I was child, I ate spicy chewing gum or ate lemons, drunk citrin acid!!
From Mexican I like tortilla ;-) In my sister house, I have ate three big tortillas, so good!!
Clothes? I like second- handes, I have many interesting in my town smile. I like too Orsay (but when I'm put on weight, I can't wear it, so I have been losing my weight to normal and healthy size tongue ). I have never been in London, but I have heard, that there many clothes are cheaper than in Poland. When I gain money, I want to go to Roma, London, maybe Egypt tongue.

Wisława Szymborska

Clothes may b cheaper than in Poland but definitely not in London. Its a capital city and there is usually the same stuff but more expensive big_smile
Its like in Warsa u can go 4 some shoes and spend a lot. And then u go to 4 eg Wroclam or Gdansk and u will buy similar shoes for half price.
Actually I hte London.Been there 3 times and two times I was extremely disappointed. People rush all the time, they all appear to b stressed and up their asses. My cusin lived there 4 7 yrs and was glad to come back to Poland. That prooves how bad is there smile So if we r talking about shopping I would prefer Manchester smile Same things but cheaper than those in London.
How about Primark? I have never had disasters with clothes from there. Nothing snapped or got broken. Recently got nice suit 4 work and its great smile And classic black heels. Those heels r fantastic! Wear them all the time 4 work and nothing is wrong with them. They also look good with skinny jeans and leather jacket.
Beauty my husband is not polish. Yorkshire- England born and breed. And there is nothing wrong in questions smile If u ask 2 much I will tell u but u still have a lot boundaries to push tongue So dont worry because if I want I will ask u anything big_smile Well a lot smile
Ladies wear heels. Men dont even know how much they like womens legs in heels big_smile
Ladies if u want to talk about sth else than shopping just go 4 it. I just started subject. First one I had in my mind. But if u want we can talk about advantages and disadvantages of uk/poland being in UE. Or is hose pipe ban in southern parts of UK necesary or not. Explain smile
Im easy smile

Sadie I thought he wasn't after you said that he wasn't sure about Polish food at first. tongue
My boyfriend is English as well and he loves Polish cakes that my mum makes, especially 'karpatka'. That's his favourite. smile
How long have you been married then? Did you get married in church or registry office? Catholic or Church of England? Poland or England?

How you getting on with your English boyfriends/ husbands?? I had a boyfriend who was English and he seems to be weirdo. English ppl have different mentality then Polish, but i still think it is possible to be in happy relation with ppl other countries. We just couldn't get on well with each other, but i have some English friends that I met a college few years ago and they are ok.

Relationships are like addiction. Cut it off clean and fast. If you ever find yourself tempted to go back, run away and don't look back!

Beautful we have been married over 2 yrs. Will b 3 yrs in sep this year. We got had civil ceremony in UK but didnt get married in registry office smile There is many places u can host your wedding in. We chose XVII century castle being converted into monastery in XVIII century and then into hotel. Beautiful place and ceremony was fantastic smile Neither of us is a massive fan of church so getting married in a church was not the option.
saffari strange question that was smile I obviously getting on with mine otherwise I wouldnt b with him long. And certainly I wouldnt marry him if he was a complete weirdo smile My husband is very simliar to me. His thinking and the way he sees the world is very similar 2 mine. We have many things in comon and thats what matters.
He is very different than polish man but in ways I actually like. He is kind and gentleman and he would never hurt me. Plus he understands that responsibility around a house should b shared equally. Something what neither of my polish man evr understood smile Just 4 that he deserves a medal.
I also have some friends in college and they r all allright. Man and women smile So I guess it depends where u r and who u r with...:)

Ladies!! I went 2 cinema 2day 2 c that "Battleship" movie. that was avesome!!!! Great story, great action, great effects. Enjoyed it like hell. Recommend 2 everyone big_smile
And then my hubby spoiled me with doughnuts from Krispy Kreme big_smile Delicious and very sinfull....:D

saffari I guess you were unlucky. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3,5 years. Obviously, there have been conflicts, but nothing major. And he definitely isn't a weirdo wink He's not the kind of person who can demonstrate his feelings in public easily, I know that he would never cheat on me. He believes that getting married is for life, not just for a moment, he's old-fashioned that way, same as my by the way smile He's worked hard to achieve everything that he's got and I admire that, especially after I've heard what he used to do to save enough money for a deposit for a house... I know that he wants to see me happy and would never intentionally hurt me. Plus I get on well with his parents, which is a bonus big_smile

Sadie sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony. I think I have to stop watching "Don't tell the bride", because I just want to go to a wedding! haha

By the way, I think I'm taking my brother to see "Avengers" over the weekend. I saw the trailer and it look amazing big_smile

Sadie what do you study at College? Any interesting course tho?? ;-)
Beatiful Nightmare I am glad you have a lovely bf ;-) You been together for very long time now. If you don't mind me asking you, how old are you ? ;-)
Truskaweczka- I agree. There are lots of cheap clothes in the UK, but also when you go to London on the 25th of December you can get many of them really cheap!! This day is called Boxing day. I try to save some money up, but at the end of the day I never have much pounds left LOL tongue

saffari I turned 22 about a month ago smile

By the way sales on Boxing Day are stupid. I've never actually been to one, because I would probably punch quite a few people if I went, especially after I've heard that some of them wait outside the shops at 5am just to be the first ones in!!

Have any of u been on Next sale day? Its mental. People queing from around 5 am. Women kill 4 bargain. I love Next sales but dont go to extremes. Next has sale twice a year. Around Chrustmas an summer.
saffari I study accountancy. Have 2 yrs left on that. And already proposed Beauty partnership. Lets say limited company big_smile She will do calculation and I will do finanial interpretations big_smile
Beauty stop watching those brides!! Those documents r crazy smile I tho I would go the same way but actually in uk I found it absolutely stress free experience. Subcontractors were extremely polite, helpful and professional. We didnt have any problems with them and I remember wedding as very pleasant moment smile Mayb because we more cared about ech other rather than if my nails r matching plates on the table and so on smile
Dont go 4 those "Avengers"!! If that is not crap than I dont know what is. Try mayb "Wrath of the titans" instead. But if your brother draggs u by hair than I guess u cant do much can u? smile
And it sounds like ur boyfriend is exactly like my husband smile Responsible, kind, faithfull...My husband also thinks that u get married only once in ur life, would never cheat and put a big portion of savings into our house. My husband is also very held back if its about shoving feelings but he will kiss me in publc and cuddle me because he knows I like it smile And he got a bit more relaxed with me smile Spoiled him smile

Sadie that's exactly the same course as my sister does!! She does AAT Level 3 at the moment, and wants to move onto Level 4 the next year. She finds it lil bit difficult, but she loves it !! She has got about 6 exams this year, but on the next level she is going to have 9 or 11 exams. don't exactly remember.
I study Level 2 Certificate in Children's and Young People's Workforce. It's amazing that after just one year stuyding at college you can get job in your occupation. I really like this education system big_smile

Beautiful your the same age as me. Do you study as well?? or just working ? ;-)

saffari where exactly do u live? Or your sister lives? Mine is also AAT but level 2 (i dont remember if i already said this). I only just recently got a little job in a tax office and I also admire educational system here big_smile
Mayb me and your sis can open our own accountancy practice together big_smile

Sadie napisał/a:

Beauty stop watching those brides!! Those documents r crazy smile I tho I would go the same way but actually in uk I found it absolutely stress free experience. Subcontractors were extremely polite, helpful and professional. We didnt have any problems with them and I remember wedding as very pleasant moment smile Mayb because we more cared about ech other rather than if my nails r matching plates on the table and so on smile

But I like watching weddings and especially pretty dresses. Have to get ideas if I get married big_smile

Sadie napisał/a:

Dont go 4 those "Avengers"!! If that is not crap than I dont know what is. Try mayb "Wrath of the titans" instead. But if your brother draggs u by hair than I guess u cant do much can u? smile

Well, the trailer doesn't look too bad. I will have to drive to the cinema, but my brother is much bigger than me, even though he's 7 years younger, so I may not have a choice. I'll let you know whether I liked it or not. If it gets really bad, I'll just get more popcorn tongue

Sadie napisał/a:

And it sounds like ur boyfriend is exactly like my husband smile Responsible, kind, faithfull...My husband also thinks that u get married only once in ur life, would never cheat and put a big portion of savings into our house. My husband is also very held back if its about shoving feelings but he will kiss me in publc and cuddle me because he knows I like it smile And he got a bit more relaxed with me smile Spoiled him smile

It seems like we found 2 good ones then wink

saffari napisał/a:

Beautiful your the same age as me. Do you study as well?? or just working ? ;-)

I do both. I will be graduating from a university in the next few months. So in November I will have a title of a Bachelor of Science in Financial Mathematics big_smile
But I'm also working as an area manager for a local cleaning company and at university I help out in the debt office and during open days. I also did a bit of Maths tutoring at uni, but as it's Easter break and I have my exams to revise for, I've given that up.

Sadie napisał/a:

Oi how many businesses do you want to have?!?! tongue haha

Beautiful Nightmare napisał/a:

But I like watching weddings and especially pretty dresses. Have to get ideas if I get married big_smile

Fair enough

Beautiful Hightmare napisał/a:

Well, the trailer doesn't look too bad. I will have to drive to the cinema, but my brother is much bigger than me, even though he's 7 years younger, so I may not have a choice. I'll let you know whether I liked it or not. If it gets really bad, I'll just get more popcorn tongue

Let me know. If its good mayb we will go 2.

It seems like we found 2 good ones then wink

True! smile

Oi how many businesses do you want to have?!?! tongue haha

As many as necessary to make me rich big_smile I deserve that smile

Sadie napisał/a:

saffari where exactly do u live? Or your sister lives? Mine is also AAT but level 2 (i dont remember if i already said this). I only just recently got a little job in a tax office and I also admire educational system here big_smile

Awww that would be nice big_smile We currently live in Luton. I am really suprised your study the same course as my sister does :-) I finish College in the next few weeks, looking forward to it :-) My mum was pushing me into Accountancy but it's not my cup of tea tongue It's too hard for me, but if someone is into it, they find it easier, as they 're passionate about it. The end of the school year is coming soon, so you'll have some time off during shool holiday.

By the way I am getting pissed off because of that shitty weather in England! It's been cold since donkeys years, and it doesn't seems to get better.

How you all doing girls?? hope the weather don't makes you feel depressed.

Oh I am depressed... sad But not, because of the weather. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't mind if it was raining 24/7. At least then I would be able to focus on revising for my exams, because the weather would be too bad to go anywhere. Oh well, just few more weeks.

By the way, my uncle and auntie live in Luton wink

Why everybody is soooo blody far away from me?
I am frustrated because of the weather and it got to me but I am more upset by sth I saw yestarday evening. Neighbours next to me got themselves a dog. A little Border Collie mix cute creature. Its only a pup at around 6-8 mths old. I saw it yesterday behind glass doors looking out on the world and it saw me and barked couple of times. Nothing major just to let everyody knows that she saw me. Any dog would do that. Suddenly women came round, grebbed it by a scruff of the neck, lifted it and threw it on the floor. I shouted out loud and I still can see it when I close my eyes. I am very upset and shaken about this. I cant put up with animal cruelty!!!

Sadie napisał/a:

I cant put up with animal cruelty!!!

me too.
There wheather is soo good. Sunny and warm. I was sunbathe. Everything would be good even not too much hmm but my back hurt me no more
I want to go to London and Paris someday. And I hope I'll smile

274 Ostatnio edytowany przez pink_lullaby (2012-05-13 02:26:30)

hello everybody smile
I'm a first-year student of English Philology and I want to improve my skills before exams big_smile
I love dancing, reading, cooking and talking.
(sorry for mistakes, I believe I won't make them too many)

live your life.

Hello pink_lullaby!
How are you? Where are you studying? And how is it going? Still enjoying it?
I can't wait to graduate...just 3 more exams to go and I'm done big_smile

Hi everyone! smile I'm Paulina, I'm 20 and new here.
I would like to start studies from October - Business English. For half a year I have studied English Philology but unfortunately it did not go like I wanted to.

Hope it will be my favourite department here! smile

Beautiful Nightmare how yours egzams went? Passed them all hopefully. I got all mine done and now waiting 4 results on monday. If I am lucky I will close level 2 AAT on 25.06 and will be free to start level 3. Cant wait. big_smile
semi pinky welcome. Glad u joined us big_smile
Write more about you.

278 Ostatnio edytowany przez semi4121 (2012-06-21 09:48:58)

Hmm...what can I write about myself..
I'm intrested with fashion, photography and music, especially r&b and rock.

And i'm not happy with upcoming holidays:( Just because I'm leaving Poland and going to work abroad. I was happy at the beginning but now I'm more skeptical.

pink_lullaby tell us more about you wink

semi4121 napisał/a:

Hmm...what can I write about myself..
I'm intrested with fashion, photography and music, especially r&b and rock.

And i'm not happy with upcoming holidays:( Just because I'm leaving Poland and going to work abroad. I was happy at the beginning but now I'm more skeptical.

pink_lullaby tell us more about you wink

Where r u going 2 work?Which country? Abroad its not that bad tongue How long will u be abroad?

hello everyone,
Sadie- and? every passed?
I'm very proud of myself smile I passed everything by the first time big_smile Now,  I'm waiting for the end of holiday. I don't like holiday. But I must say, that I need take a rest. I had many exams and I'm exhausted.

I passed my level 2 and now I can enrol on level 3 big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
Cant wait big_smile
We r also going on holiday at the end of September. Ibiza here we go!! big_smile

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

I'm new here and I'm very happy to find a little corner that I can dust off my English and not being embarassed with my silly mistakes!
Let's chat! smile

Ula_Eska

C'mon, everybody was learning at some point so mistakes r allowed big_smile Im probably doing loads of spelling mistakes but dont care...Its not English Literature Level 4 just friendly chat.
So lets chat big_smile
Ula say sth about yourself. What do u do in your life? Do u work? Study? If u r studying what is it? Or where do you work?

Well, I've got an impression that this plot has died, so I feel the need to refresh it smile

I found it accidentally after searching the word 'hate'. I'm too lazy to read all pages, so I'll stay focused on the first and the last one big_smile I like English and I try to teach children on individual, private lessons and I treat it as my way of earning money. So... let's start talking again!

Hey Melancholy! How are u? I saw that u refreshed it so I decided to join in;) I'm probably not as good in English as you but I thought I'll give it a try haha. So how was ur weekend?

Hi ladies, is any of you still interested in chatting in English? smile I just got back from a trip to US and came to a conclusion, that my English speaking skills are not as good as I would want them to be tongue and I need to improve my vocabulary. So I figured it'd be a good idea to go back to chatting here with other net-women smile

No one, really? wink

So, you were in the U.S. Where have you been exactly and why d,you think that your english speek is not good enough?
I,think in States you could improve it much more then here smile

Raz się żyje, więc przestań patrzeć, na to co powiedzą inni tylko :
Rób to co uważasz za stosowne !

The place I stayed in was a small town in Massachusetts, I was visiting my sister who lives there. I think my speaking skills are not good enough, because I realized I often feel "blocked", afraid of speaking to Americans, and in consequence I'm not able to speek freely, fluently. Maybe it's all about being too nervous, since I don't have many opportunities to speak English to a native in everyday life. And of course I would improve my English if I could stay there longer, but unfortunately it's not that simple to just abandon my Polish life and leave for a few months wink Although I really wish I could do it.

Anemonne napisał/a:

The place I stayed in was a small town in Massachusetts, I was visiting my sister who lives there. I think my speaking skills are not good enough, because I realized I often feel "blocked", afraid of speaking to Americans, and in consequence I'm not able to speek freely, fluently. Maybe it's all about being too nervous, since I don't have many opportunities to speak English to a native in everyday life. And of course I would improve my English if I could stay there longer, but unfortunately it's not that simple to just abandon my Polish life and leave for a few months wink Although I really wish I could do it.

Anemonne, that sounds so cool! How was life in Massachusetts? What differences did you notice comparing to Poland? Also, why do you wish to be able to stay there longer, is life more "pleasant" there for you, or you'd just want longer vacation? wink

To be honest, I have plenty of opportunities to write in english on the daily basis. For example I've joined few interesting international groups on Facebook. I also read and browse the Internet a lot, and most of the text is in english. Sometimes I need to search the dictionary for some words I don't know or simply forgot (I can recommend dict.pl and en.bab.la here).
I remeber this one time when foreign students were visiting my city and asked me about the menu. I forgot how to say "ogórek" (cucumber) and "szynka" ("ham"). Unbelievable and so frustrating! big_smile Anyway, I am definitely more comfortable and fluent when writing. But it applies to polish as well ;P
One time, few years ago, I was able to make a 40 minutes conversation with an Englishman I met on the train. I was really able to - with the aid of intervals and gestures - communicate what I wanted to say. This gave me a lot of confidence. I think schools should put more pressure on practice, not grammar. You learn grammar passively, while using the language wink

Screw gravity.

Paulina, I wanted to stay in US for a longer time, because I'm officially in love with that place smile I love people there (very friendly and straightforward), I love how much easier life seems for Americans. They like to keep things simple and it seems like a pefect way to live your life actually wink Of course I know that if I really lived there, everyday life would be slightly different from what I've seen being on vacation wink But still, I'd like to try living there just for a period of time, if it's ever possible.

I agree, that learning grammar is a "side effect" of using a language on a daily basis. I'm disappointed that they don't teach you how to really SPEAK a language in Polish schools. There's a lot of writing, spelling, listening, but when you have a problem with speaking (and of course you always do at the beginning, it's a foreign language! wink), they don't force you to do that. Well, they should wink That's the only way to learn that. So no wonder many people working in Polish stores and services can't speak English even a little. Once i had a job in a cafe, we had lots of foreigners (it was in the center of a big city, near the train station). I was the only person in staff who could explain an English speaking man where he can plug in his laptop - the rest of the staff knew only how to say the names of the coffee drinks and the price...

Hi Girls smile

I'm the new one here and I want to improve my english. Now I don't have any lessons in english and I caught myself on fact, that I've forgot some skills etc. Unfortunatelly, human memory is just a memory and there is no chance to use english well without some practice. I hope I will improve my knowledge here smile

293 Ostatnio edytowany przez paulina20 (2014-02-28 21:37:12)

Anemonne napisał/a:

They like to keep things simple and it seems like a pefect way to live your life actually wink

Can you elaborate? wink Any examples?

Anemonne napisał/a:

I agree, that learning grammar is a "side effect" of using a language on a daily basis. I'm disappointed that they don't teach you how to really SPEAK a language in Polish schools.

That would probably enhance pupil's skills and give them more confidence. On the other side, some people are learning so slow that saying anything remains beyond their abilities nevertheless, they could have hard time on such classes. But that's just my guess.

Anemonne napisał/a:

I was the only person in staff who could explain an English speaking man where he can plug in his laptop - the rest of the staff knew only how to say the names of the coffee drinks and the price...

Wow, and one would think being able to speak English is a common skill nowadays.
Recently I watched Les Miserables in english. I had english subtitles and I was generally able to understand everything. I realised this is a ''dream come true'', as I can recall wishing to be able to do that years ago. The thought seemed impossible back then, and now I'mfinding myself having that possibility.

Now, regarding your job in IT, Anemonne.. it's an interesting topic for me big_smile I was reading your blog, etc. For now I'll just say that I am finishing my studies (writing MA thesis and getting master's degree this year) and although I don't regret starting them (they were quite interesting) I'm not sure I see my future there. First, it's humanistic area, so getting a job may be hard, and second, I'm not sure how it'd look in practice.
So can you tell me how your work is going on? Is it pleasant? Was it pleasant from the beginning? Was learning the appropiate skills hard? What exactly are you doing - how your duties look like? What skills do you need?
I've learned some basics of programming in the recent months and I like it (I could learn more,but, unfortunately, I'm too disorganized person) wink I am considering going that route, althought I'm kind of lost at the moment.

Screw gravity.

paulina20 napisał/a:
Anemonne napisał/a:

They like to keep things simple and it seems like a pefect way to live your life actually wink

Can you elaborate? wink Any examples?

Well, they don't complain as much as Polish folks do, they tend to stay positive and enjoy the lives they live. I think it's because Americans feel safe in their country and with their jobs (and salaries), it helps being positive wink

paulina20 napisał/a:

Recently I watched Les Miserables in english. I had english subtitles and I was generally able to understand everything. I realised this is a ''dream come true'', as I can recall wishing to be able to do that years ago. The thought seemed impossible back then, and now I'mfinding myself having that possibility.

I often watch American movies and tv shows without Polish subtitles and I can understand everything quite easily. It's very convenient smile But most of my friends are surprised by that, like it's something rare and they often say they envy me - I don't get it, anyone can learn a language if they're motivated to wink

paulina20 napisał/a:

Now, regarding your job in IT, Anemonne.. it's an interesting topic for me big_smile I was reading your blog, etc. For now I'll just say that I am finishing my studies (writing MA thesis and getting master's degree this year) and although I don't regret starting them (they were quite interesting) I'm not sure I see my future there. First, it's humanistic area, so getting a job may be hard, and second, I'm not sure how it'd look in practice.
So can you tell me how your work is going on? Is it pleasant? Was it pleasant from the beginning? Was learning the appropiate skills hard? What exactly are you doing - how your duties look like? What skills do you need?
I've learned some basics of programming in the recent months and I like it (I could learn more,but, unfortunately, I'm too disorganized person) wink I am considering going that route, althought I'm kind of lost at the moment.

Well, I work as a copywriter/webmaster - my job is to insert content (text) into websites and style it using CSS, add some photos etc. Knowing HTML and CSS is sufficient for doing my job, so I decided to temporarily postpone learning website creating skills regarding my last year of college - I just don't have enough time to focus on other things (I mean: other than writing my MA thesis and working full time) at the moment. But I can honestly say that I love my job - not only it's pleasant and quite well-paid, but it's also stress-free: I like my boss and the people I work with. Quitting my previous job and applying for this one was one of the best decisions I've ever made smile

295 Ostatnio edytowany przez paulina20 (2014-03-07 00:34:11)

Anemonne napisał/a:

Well, they don't complain as much as Polish folks do, they tend to stay positive and enjoy the lives they live. I think it's because Americans feel safe in their country and with their jobs (and salaries), it helps being positive wink

Well, surely it helps a looot. wink

Anemonne napisał/a:

I often watch American movies and tv shows without Polish subtitles and I can understand everything quite easily. It's very convenient smile But most of my friends are surprised by that, like it's something rare and they often say they envy me

Hmm. That's quite common skill in my closest circle, when I think about it. Even my 18 yo brother watches english-speaking comedians. Speaking of myself, I usually understand most things. A lot depends from the speaker's accent, pronunciation and my knowledge, sometimes they use words I don't know yet. When I listen to podcasts I understand everything, when I watch my brother's comedians - sometimes I don't understand anything ;D

Anemonne napisał/a:

Well, I work as a copywriter/webmaster - my job is to insert content (text) into websites and style it using CSS, add some photos etc. Knowing HTML and CSS is sufficient for doing my job, so I decided to temporarily postpone learning website creating skills regarding my last year of college - I just don't have enough time to focus on other things (I mean: other than writing my MA thesis and working full time) at the moment. But I can honestly say that I love my job - not only it's pleasant and quite well-paid, but it's also stress-free: I like my boss and the people I work with. Quitting my previous job and applying for this one was one of the best decisions I've ever made smile

Hmm, thanks for the detailed explanation. And big congratulations on making that decision, it was brilliant! big_smile It's always nice to hear about people loving their job and doing well in life ^^ What was your previous job?
Also I am curious how much you earn at the moment, but if this question is too intrusive, ignore it wink

Let's talk further about coding. What do you like/dislike about it? As little as I've tried it, I found it very absorbing, but at the same time, irritating. The process of creating your own system is very pleasant, but time after time obstacles are thrown at you and new bugs emerge everytime you think you just made it work. So it's.. challenging, to sum it up. But I have very little experience and not in HTML/CSS, so it may look different for you smile

Screw gravity.

I just came back form a visit to country heavily populated with tourists. To my surprise, english tourists are speaking very articulately. I understood virtually everything they said. It was much easier than watching some talk shows, sitcoms, movies or comedians. And I knew they're native because of the accent, names on their chests, etc. wink
I was very pleasantly surprised and I am even more eager to visit Englang some day. I could even live there, as culture seems very appealing to me. Still, I need to test it in the natural habitat, outside media sources ;P

Screw gravity.

Hi, has anyone here been to Scotland? If so, is the Scottish accent comprehensible enough? tongue I only came across it in movies (e.g. Angel's Share) and it was easy enough for me to understand most of the talking, but I wonder what it would sound like live. I would sooo go to Scotland, had I the chance tongue

Hi Everyone...

Nice to meet all of You, hope You don't mind if I join...,:)?

The Kingdom of Heaven is here but you do not see it...
enkeli napisał/a:

Hi, has anyone here been to Scotland? If so, is the Scottish accent comprehensible enough? tongue I only came across it in movies (e.g. Angel's Share) and it was easy enough for me to understand most of the talking, but I wonder what it would sound like live. I would sooo go to Scotland, had I the chance tongue

Hi enkeli, I haven't been to Scotland, but work with some Scottish people and have to say that generally I know what they are saying. Sometimes their accent is quite strong, so I have to concentrate to make sense of what they are saying. Apparently, further up north you go, the more difficult it gets to understand people. But in all fairness, the accent is something you can get used to with time. I'll have to organise a trip to Scotland one day, even if just to see they beautiful views they have over there.

Columbus napisał/a:

Hi Everyone...

Nice to meet all of You, hope You don't mind if I join...,smile?

Hi Columbus, how are you? Where are you from?

Hi, it would be nice to chat with someone in English smile

Posty [ 241 do 300 z 303 ]

Strony Poprzednia 1 2 3 4 5 6 Następna

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Zobacz popularne tematy :

Mapa strony - Archiwum | Regulamin | Polityka Prywatności

© www.netkobiety.pl 2007-2021