English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku - Netkobiety.pl

Dołącz do Forum Kobiet Netkobiety.pl! To miejsce zostało stworzone dla pełnoletnich, aktywnych i wyjątkowych kobiet, właśnie takich jak Ty! Otrzymasz tutaj wsparcie oraz porady użytkowniczek forum! Zobacz jak wiele nas łączy ...

Szukasz darmowej porady, wsparcia ? Nie zwlekaj zarejestruj się !!!


Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Strony Poprzednia 1 2 3 4 5

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Posty [ 261 do 303 z 303 ]

261

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Beautful we have been married over 2 yrs. Will b 3 yrs in sep this year. We got had civil ceremony in UK but didnt get married in registry office smile There is many places u can host your wedding in. We chose XVII century castle being converted into monastery in XVIII century and then into hotel. Beautiful place and ceremony was fantastic smile Neither of us is a massive fan of church so getting married in a church was not the option.
saffari strange question that was smile I obviously getting on with mine otherwise I wouldnt b with him long. And certainly I wouldnt marry him if he was a complete weirdo smile My husband is very simliar to me. His thinking and the way he sees the world is very similar 2 mine. We have many things in comon and thats what matters.
He is very different than polish man but in ways I actually like. He is kind and gentleman and he would never hurt me. Plus he understands that responsibility around a house should b shared equally. Something what neither of my polish man evr understood smile Just 4 that he deserves a medal.
I also have some friends in college and they r all allright. Man and women smile So I guess it depends where u r and who u r with...:)

Ladies!! I went 2 cinema 2day 2 c that "Battleship" movie. that was avesome!!!! Great story, great action, great effects. Enjoyed it like hell. Recommend 2 everyone big_smile
And then my hubby spoiled me with doughnuts from Krispy Kreme big_smile Delicious and very sinfull....:D

Zobacz podobne tematy :
Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

saffari I guess you were unlucky. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3,5 years. Obviously, there have been conflicts, but nothing major. And he definitely isn't a weirdo wink He's not the kind of person who can demonstrate his feelings in public easily, I know that he would never cheat on me. He believes that getting married is for life, not just for a moment, he's old-fashioned that way, same as my by the way smile He's worked hard to achieve everything that he's got and I admire that, especially after I've heard what he used to do to save enough money for a deposit for a house... I know that he wants to see me happy and would never intentionally hurt me. Plus I get on well with his parents, which is a bonus big_smile

Sadie sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony. I think I have to stop watching "Don't tell the bride", because I just want to go to a wedding! haha

By the way, I think I'm taking my brother to see "Avengers" over the weekend. I saw the trailer and it look amazing big_smile

263

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Sadie what do you study at College? Any interesting course tho?? ;-)
Beatiful Nightmare I am glad you have a lovely bf ;-) You been together for very long time now. If you don't mind me asking you, how old are you ? ;-)
Truskaweczka- I agree. There are lots of cheap clothes in the UK, but also when you go to London on the 25th of December you can get many of them really cheap!! This day is called Boxing day. I try to save some money up, but at the end of the day I never have much pounds left LOL tongue

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

saffari I turned 22 about a month ago smile

By the way sales on Boxing Day are stupid. I've never actually been to one, because I would probably punch quite a few people if I went, especially after I've heard that some of them wait outside the shops at 5am just to be the first ones in!!

265

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Have any of u been on Next sale day? Its mental. People queing from around 5 am. Women kill 4 bargain. I love Next sales but dont go to extremes. Next has sale twice a year. Around Chrustmas an summer.
saffari I study accountancy. Have 2 yrs left on that. And already proposed Beauty partnership. Lets say limited company big_smile She will do calculation and I will do finanial interpretations big_smile
Beauty stop watching those brides!! Those documents r crazy smile I tho I would go the same way but actually in uk I found it absolutely stress free experience. Subcontractors were extremely polite, helpful and professional. We didnt have any problems with them and I remember wedding as very pleasant moment smile Mayb because we more cared about ech other rather than if my nails r matching plates on the table and so on smile
Dont go 4 those "Avengers"!! If that is not crap than I dont know what is. Try mayb "Wrath of the titans" instead. But if your brother draggs u by hair than I guess u cant do much can u? smile
And it sounds like ur boyfriend is exactly like my husband smile Responsible, kind, faithfull...My husband also thinks that u get married only once in ur life, would never cheat and put a big portion of savings into our house. My husband is also very held back if its about shoving feelings but he will kiss me in publc and cuddle me because he knows I like it smile And he got a bit more relaxed with me smile Spoiled him smile

266

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Sadie that's exactly the same course as my sister does!! She does AAT Level 3 at the moment, and wants to move onto Level 4 the next year. She finds it lil bit difficult, but she loves it !! She has got about 6 exams this year, but on the next level she is going to have 9 or 11 exams. don't exactly remember.
I study Level 2 Certificate in Children's and Young People's Workforce. It's amazing that after just one year stuyding at college you can get job in your occupation. I really like this education system big_smile

Beautiful your the same age as me. Do you study as well?? or just working ? ;-)

267

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

saffari where exactly do u live? Or your sister lives? Mine is also AAT but level 2 (i dont remember if i already said this). I only just recently got a little job in a tax office and I also admire educational system here big_smile
Mayb me and your sis can open our own accountancy practice together big_smile

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

Beauty stop watching those brides!! Those documents r crazy smile I tho I would go the same way but actually in uk I found it absolutely stress free experience. Subcontractors were extremely polite, helpful and professional. We didnt have any problems with them and I remember wedding as very pleasant moment smile Mayb because we more cared about ech other rather than if my nails r matching plates on the table and so on smile

But I like watching weddings and especially pretty dresses. Have to get ideas if I get married big_smile

Sadie napisał/a:

Dont go 4 those "Avengers"!! If that is not crap than I dont know what is. Try mayb "Wrath of the titans" instead. But if your brother draggs u by hair than I guess u cant do much can u? smile

Well, the trailer doesn't look too bad. I will have to drive to the cinema, but my brother is much bigger than me, even though he's 7 years younger, so I may not have a choice. I'll let you know whether I liked it or not. If it gets really bad, I'll just get more popcorn tongue

Sadie napisał/a:

And it sounds like ur boyfriend is exactly like my husband smile Responsible, kind, faithfull...My husband also thinks that u get married only once in ur life, would never cheat and put a big portion of savings into our house. My husband is also very held back if its about shoving feelings but he will kiss me in publc and cuddle me because he knows I like it smile And he got a bit more relaxed with me smile Spoiled him smile

It seems like we found 2 good ones then wink

saffari napisał/a:

Beautiful your the same age as me. Do you study as well?? or just working ? ;-)

I do both. I will be graduating from a university in the next few months. So in November I will have a title of a Bachelor of Science in Financial Mathematics big_smile
But I'm also working as an area manager for a local cleaning company and at university I help out in the debt office and during open days. I also did a bit of Maths tutoring at uni, but as it's Easter break and I have my exams to revise for, I've given that up.

Sadie napisał/a:

Mayb me and your sis can open our own accountancy practice together big_smile

Oi how many businesses do you want to have?!?! tongue haha

269

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Beautiful Nightmare napisał/a:

But I like watching weddings and especially pretty dresses. Have to get ideas if I get married big_smile

Fair enough

Beautiful Hightmare napisał/a:

Well, the trailer doesn't look too bad. I will have to drive to the cinema, but my brother is much bigger than me, even though he's 7 years younger, so I may not have a choice. I'll let you know whether I liked it or not. If it gets really bad, I'll just get more popcorn tongue

Let me know. If its good mayb we will go 2.

Beautiful Nightmare napisał/a:

It seems like we found 2 good ones then wink

True! smile


Beautiful Nightmare napisał/a:

Oi how many businesses do you want to have?!?! tongue haha

As many as necessary to make me rich big_smile I deserve that smile

270

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

saffari where exactly do u live? Or your sister lives? Mine is also AAT but level 2 (i dont remember if i already said this). I only just recently got a little job in a tax office and I also admire educational system here big_smile
Mayb me and your sis can open our own accountancy practice together big_smile

Awww that would be nice big_smile We currently live in Luton. I am really suprised your study the same course as my sister does :-) I finish College in the next few weeks, looking forward to it :-) My mum was pushing me into Accountancy but it's not my cup of tea tongue It's too hard for me, but if someone is into it, they find it easier, as they 're passionate about it. The end of the school year is coming soon, so you'll have some time off during shool holiday.

By the way I am getting pissed off because of that shitty weather in England! It's been cold since donkeys years, and it doesn't seems to get better.

How you all doing girls?? hope the weather don't makes you feel depressed.

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Oh I am depressed... sad But not, because of the weather. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't mind if it was raining 24/7. At least then I would be able to focus on revising for my exams, because the weather would be too bad to go anywhere. Oh well, just few more weeks.

By the way, my uncle and auntie live in Luton wink

272

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Why everybody is soooo blody far away from me?
I am frustrated because of the weather and it got to me but I am more upset by sth I saw yestarday evening. Neighbours next to me got themselves a dog. A little Border Collie mix cute creature. Its only a pup at around 6-8 mths old. I saw it yesterday behind glass doors looking out on the world and it saw me and barked couple of times. Nothing major just to let everyody knows that she saw me. Any dog would do that. Suddenly women came round, grebbed it by a scruff of the neck, lifted it and threw it on the floor. I shouted out loud and I still can see it when I close my eyes. I am very upset and shaken about this. I cant put up with animal cruelty!!!

273

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

I cant put up with animal cruelty!!!

me too.
There wheather is soo good. Sunny and warm. I was sunbathe. Everything would be good even not too much hmm but my back hurt me no more
I want to go to London and Paris someday. And I hope I'll smile

274 Ostatnio edytowany przez pink_lullaby (2012-05-13 02:26:30)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

hello everybody smile
I'm a first-year student of English Philology and I want to improve my skills before exams big_smile
I love dancing, reading, cooking and talking.
(sorry for mistakes, I believe I won't make them too many)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hello pink_lullaby!
How are you? Where are you studying? And how is it going? Still enjoying it?
I can't wait to graduate...just 3 more exams to go and I'm done big_smile

276

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi everyone! smile I'm Paulina, I'm 20 and new here.
I would like to start studies from October - Business English. For half a year I have studied English Philology but unfortunately it did not go like I wanted to.

Hope it will be my favourite department here! smile

277

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Beautiful Nightmare how yours egzams went? Passed them all hopefully. I got all mine done and now waiting 4 results on monday. If I am lucky I will close level 2 AAT on 25.06 and will be free to start level 3. Cant wait. big_smile
semi pinky welcome. Glad u joined us big_smile
Write more about you.

278 Ostatnio edytowany przez semi4121 (2012-06-21 09:48:58)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hmm...what can I write about myself..
I'm intrested with fashion, photography and music, especially r&b and rock.

And i'm not happy with upcoming holidays:( Just because I'm leaving Poland and going to work abroad. I was happy at the beginning but now I'm more skeptical.

pink_lullaby tell us more about you wink

279

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
semi4121 napisał/a:

Hmm...what can I write about myself..
I'm intrested with fashion, photography and music, especially r&b and rock.

And i'm not happy with upcoming holidays:( Just because I'm leaving Poland and going to work abroad. I was happy at the beginning but now I'm more skeptical.

pink_lullaby tell us more about you wink

Where r u going 2 work?Which country? Abroad its not that bad tongue How long will u be abroad?

280

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

hello everyone,
Sadie- and? every passed?
I'm very proud of myself smile I passed everything by the first time big_smile Now,  I'm waiting for the end of holiday. I don't like holiday. But I must say, that I need take a rest. I had many exams and I'm exhausted.

281

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I passed my level 2 and now I can enrol on level 3 big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
Cant wait big_smile
We r also going on holiday at the end of September. Ibiza here we go!! big_smile

282

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

I'm new here and I'm very happy to find a little corner that I can dust off my English and not being embarassed with my silly mistakes!
Let's chat! smile

Ula_Eska

283

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

C'mon, everybody was learning at some point so mistakes r allowed big_smile Im probably doing loads of spelling mistakes but dont care...Its not English Literature Level 4 just friendly chat.
So lets chat big_smile
Ula say sth about yourself. What do u do in your life? Do u work? Study? If u r studying what is it? Or where do you work?

284

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Well, I've got an impression that this plot has died, so I feel the need to refresh it smile

I found it accidentally after searching the word 'hate'. I'm too lazy to read all pages, so I'll stay focused on the first and the last one big_smile I like English and I try to teach children on individual, private lessons and I treat it as my way of earning money. So... let's start talking again!

285

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hey Melancholy! How are u? I saw that u refreshed it so I decided to join in;) I'm probably not as good in English as you but I thought I'll give it a try haha. So how was ur weekend?

286

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi ladies, is any of you still interested in chatting in English? smile I just got back from a trip to US and came to a conclusion, that my English speaking skills are not as good as I would want them to be tongue and I need to improve my vocabulary. So I figured it'd be a good idea to go back to chatting here with other net-women smile

287

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

No one, really? wink

288

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

So, you were in the U.S. Where have you been exactly and why d,you think that your english speek is not good enough?
I,think in States you could improve it much more then here smile

289

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

The place I stayed in was a small town in Massachusetts, I was visiting my sister who lives there. I think my speaking skills are not good enough, because I realized I often feel "blocked", afraid of speaking to Americans, and in consequence I'm not able to speek freely, fluently. Maybe it's all about being too nervous, since I don't have many opportunities to speak English to a native in everyday life. And of course I would improve my English if I could stay there longer, but unfortunately it's not that simple to just abandon my Polish life and leave for a few months wink Although I really wish I could do it.

290

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Anemonne napisał/a:

The place I stayed in was a small town in Massachusetts, I was visiting my sister who lives there. I think my speaking skills are not good enough, because I realized I often feel "blocked", afraid of speaking to Americans, and in consequence I'm not able to speek freely, fluently. Maybe it's all about being too nervous, since I don't have many opportunities to speak English to a native in everyday life. And of course I would improve my English if I could stay there longer, but unfortunately it's not that simple to just abandon my Polish life and leave for a few months wink Although I really wish I could do it.

Anemonne, that sounds so cool! How was life in Massachusetts? What differences did you notice comparing to Poland? Also, why do you wish to be able to stay there longer, is life more "pleasant" there for you, or you'd just want longer vacation? wink

To be honest, I have plenty of opportunities to write in english on the daily basis. For example I've joined few interesting international groups on Facebook. I also read and browse the Internet a lot, and most of the text is in english. Sometimes I need to search the dictionary for some words I don't know or simply forgot (I can recommend dict.pl and en.bab.la here).
I remeber this one time when foreign students were visiting my city and asked me about the menu. I forgot how to say "ogórek" (cucumber) and "szynka" ("ham"). Unbelievable and so frustrating! big_smile Anyway, I am definitely more comfortable and fluent when writing. But it applies to polish as well ;P
One time, few years ago, I was able to make a 40 minutes conversation with an Englishman I met on the train. I was really able to - with the aid of intervals and gestures - communicate what I wanted to say. This gave me a lot of confidence. I think schools should put more pressure on practice, not grammar. You learn grammar passively, while using the language wink

291

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Paulina, I wanted to stay in US for a longer time, because I'm officially in love with that place smile I love people there (very friendly and straightforward), I love how much easier life seems for Americans. They like to keep things simple and it seems like a pefect way to live your life actually wink Of course I know that if I really lived there, everyday life would be slightly different from what I've seen being on vacation wink But still, I'd like to try living there just for a period of time, if it's ever possible.

I agree, that learning grammar is a "side effect" of using a language on a daily basis. I'm disappointed that they don't teach you how to really SPEAK a language in Polish schools. There's a lot of writing, spelling, listening, but when you have a problem with speaking (and of course you always do at the beginning, it's a foreign language! wink), they don't force you to do that. Well, they should wink That's the only way to learn that. So no wonder many people working in Polish stores and services can't speak English even a little. Once i had a job in a cafe, we had lots of foreigners (it was in the center of a big city, near the train station). I was the only person in staff who could explain an English speaking man where he can plug in his laptop - the rest of the staff knew only how to say the names of the coffee drinks and the price...

292

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi Girls smile

I'm the new one here and I want to improve my english. Now I don't have any lessons in english and I caught myself on fact, that I've forgot some skills etc. Unfortunatelly, human memory is just a memory and there is no chance to use english well without some practice. I hope I will improve my knowledge here smile

293 Ostatnio edytowany przez paulina20 (2014-02-28 21:37:12)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Anemonne napisał/a:

They like to keep things simple and it seems like a pefect way to live your life actually wink

Can you elaborate? wink Any examples?

Anemonne napisał/a:

I agree, that learning grammar is a "side effect" of using a language on a daily basis. I'm disappointed that they don't teach you how to really SPEAK a language in Polish schools.

That would probably enhance pupil's skills and give them more confidence. On the other side, some people are learning so slow that saying anything remains beyond their abilities nevertheless, they could have hard time on such classes. But that's just my guess.

Anemonne napisał/a:

I was the only person in staff who could explain an English speaking man where he can plug in his laptop - the rest of the staff knew only how to say the names of the coffee drinks and the price...

Wow, and one would think being able to speak English is a common skill nowadays.
Recently I watched Les Miserables in english. I had english subtitles and I was generally able to understand everything. I realised this is a ''dream come true'', as I can recall wishing to be able to do that years ago. The thought seemed impossible back then, and now I'mfinding myself having that possibility.

Now, regarding your job in IT, Anemonne.. it's an interesting topic for me big_smile I was reading your blog, etc. For now I'll just say that I am finishing my studies (writing MA thesis and getting master's degree this year) and although I don't regret starting them (they were quite interesting) I'm not sure I see my future there. First, it's humanistic area, so getting a job may be hard, and second, I'm not sure how it'd look in practice.
So can you tell me how your work is going on? Is it pleasant? Was it pleasant from the beginning? Was learning the appropiate skills hard? What exactly are you doing - how your duties look like? What skills do you need?
I've learned some basics of programming in the recent months and I like it (I could learn more,but, unfortunately, I'm too disorganized person) wink I am considering going that route, althought I'm kind of lost at the moment.

294

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
paulina20 napisał/a:
Anemonne napisał/a:

They like to keep things simple and it seems like a pefect way to live your life actually wink

Can you elaborate? wink Any examples?

Well, they don't complain as much as Polish folks do, they tend to stay positive and enjoy the lives they live. I think it's because Americans feel safe in their country and with their jobs (and salaries), it helps being positive wink

paulina20 napisał/a:

Recently I watched Les Miserables in english. I had english subtitles and I was generally able to understand everything. I realised this is a ''dream come true'', as I can recall wishing to be able to do that years ago. The thought seemed impossible back then, and now I'mfinding myself having that possibility.

I often watch American movies and tv shows without Polish subtitles and I can understand everything quite easily. It's very convenient smile But most of my friends are surprised by that, like it's something rare and they often say they envy me - I don't get it, anyone can learn a language if they're motivated to wink

paulina20 napisał/a:

Now, regarding your job in IT, Anemonne.. it's an interesting topic for me big_smile I was reading your blog, etc. For now I'll just say that I am finishing my studies (writing MA thesis and getting master's degree this year) and although I don't regret starting them (they were quite interesting) I'm not sure I see my future there. First, it's humanistic area, so getting a job may be hard, and second, I'm not sure how it'd look in practice.
So can you tell me how your work is going on? Is it pleasant? Was it pleasant from the beginning? Was learning the appropiate skills hard? What exactly are you doing - how your duties look like? What skills do you need?
I've learned some basics of programming in the recent months and I like it (I could learn more,but, unfortunately, I'm too disorganized person) wink I am considering going that route, althought I'm kind of lost at the moment.

Well, I work as a copywriter/webmaster - my job is to insert content (text) into websites and style it using CSS, add some photos etc. Knowing HTML and CSS is sufficient for doing my job, so I decided to temporarily postpone learning website creating skills regarding my last year of college - I just don't have enough time to focus on other things (I mean: other than writing my MA thesis and working full time) at the moment. But I can honestly say that I love my job - not only it's pleasant and quite well-paid, but it's also stress-free: I like my boss and the people I work with. Quitting my previous job and applying for this one was one of the best decisions I've ever made smile

295 Ostatnio edytowany przez paulina20 (2014-03-07 00:34:11)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Anemonne napisał/a:

Well, they don't complain as much as Polish folks do, they tend to stay positive and enjoy the lives they live. I think it's because Americans feel safe in their country and with their jobs (and salaries), it helps being positive wink

Well, surely it helps a looot. wink

Anemonne napisał/a:

I often watch American movies and tv shows without Polish subtitles and I can understand everything quite easily. It's very convenient smile But most of my friends are surprised by that, like it's something rare and they often say they envy me

Hmm. That's quite common skill in my closest circle, when I think about it. Even my 18 yo brother watches english-speaking comedians. Speaking of myself, I usually understand most things. A lot depends from the speaker's accent, pronunciation and my knowledge, sometimes they use words I don't know yet. When I listen to podcasts I understand everything, when I watch my brother's comedians - sometimes I don't understand anything ;D

Anemonne napisał/a:

Well, I work as a copywriter/webmaster - my job is to insert content (text) into websites and style it using CSS, add some photos etc. Knowing HTML and CSS is sufficient for doing my job, so I decided to temporarily postpone learning website creating skills regarding my last year of college - I just don't have enough time to focus on other things (I mean: other than writing my MA thesis and working full time) at the moment. But I can honestly say that I love my job - not only it's pleasant and quite well-paid, but it's also stress-free: I like my boss and the people I work with. Quitting my previous job and applying for this one was one of the best decisions I've ever made smile

Hmm, thanks for the detailed explanation. And big congratulations on making that decision, it was brilliant! big_smile It's always nice to hear about people loving their job and doing well in life ^^ What was your previous job?
Also I am curious how much you earn at the moment, but if this question is too intrusive, ignore it wink

Let's talk further about coding. What do you like/dislike about it? As little as I've tried it, I found it very absorbing, but at the same time, irritating. The process of creating your own system is very pleasant, but time after time obstacles are thrown at you and new bugs emerge everytime you think you just made it work. So it's.. challenging, to sum it up. But I have very little experience and not in HTML/CSS, so it may look different for you smile

296

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I just came back form a visit to country heavily populated with tourists. To my surprise, english tourists are speaking very articulately. I understood virtually everything they said. It was much easier than watching some talk shows, sitcoms, movies or comedians. And I knew they're native because of the accent, names on their chests, etc. wink
I was very pleasantly surprised and I am even more eager to visit Englang some day. I could even live there, as culture seems very appealing to me. Still, I need to test it in the natural habitat, outside media sources ;P

297

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi, has anyone here been to Scotland? If so, is the Scottish accent comprehensible enough? tongue I only came across it in movies (e.g. Angel's Share) and it was easy enough for me to understand most of the talking, but I wonder what it would sound like live. I would sooo go to Scotland, had I the chance tongue

298

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi Everyone...

Nice to meet all of You, hope You don't mind if I join...,:)?

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
enkeli napisał/a:

Hi, has anyone here been to Scotland? If so, is the Scottish accent comprehensible enough? tongue I only came across it in movies (e.g. Angel's Share) and it was easy enough for me to understand most of the talking, but I wonder what it would sound like live. I would sooo go to Scotland, had I the chance tongue

Hi enkeli, I haven't been to Scotland, but work with some Scottish people and have to say that generally I know what they are saying. Sometimes their accent is quite strong, so I have to concentrate to make sense of what they are saying. Apparently, further up north you go, the more difficult it gets to understand people. But in all fairness, the accent is something you can get used to with time. I'll have to organise a trip to Scotland one day, even if just to see they beautiful views they have over there.

Columbus napisał/a:

Hi Everyone...

Nice to meet all of You, hope You don't mind if I join...,smile?

Hi Columbus, how are you? Where are you from?

300

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi, it would be nice to chat with someone in English smile

301

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi, This is wonderful idea!

302

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Usually people are awarded so called Golden Shovel for digging out old threads, but I think this one is great! I would love to converse in English. Let's bring it back to life!

303

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Ladies and gentlemen, if you want to improve your Enlish, there are so many ways to do so without leaving home.
1) Download movies with subtitles- you will understand a lot from the context;
2) Look at the text of your favourite songs and listen tothem when you are reading the text; note down words you don't get;
3) Find internet radio station that is English speaking;
4) just read your favourite news in English on any website like Cosmo, Sky news, BBC news ( BC has lots of yummy recipes, too)
5) Look at the food blog, fashion blogs or whatever you hobby is- website in English;
6) Find a chat room in English - I bet you will get some results in Google.
If you want to improve, you will find the way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Posty [ 261 do 303 z 303 ]

Strony Poprzednia 1 2 3 4 5

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Zobacz popularne tematy :

Mapa strony - Archiwum | Regulamin | Polityka Prywatności



© www.netkobiety.pl 2007-2024