English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku - Netkobiety.pl

Dołącz do Forum Kobiet Netkobiety.pl! To miejsce zostało stworzone dla pełnoletnich, aktywnych i wyjątkowych kobiet, właśnie takich jak Ty! Otrzymasz tutaj wsparcie oraz porady użytkowniczek forum! Zobacz jak wiele nas łączy ...

Szukasz darmowej porady, wsparcia ? Nie zwlekaj zarejestruj się !!!


Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Strony Poprzednia 1 2 3 4 5 Następna

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Posty [ 196 do 260 z 303 ]

196

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi guys!
How you been?? Hope all of you have had good weekend, and hope your not suffering from hangover lol.
I have realised that last post was commented ages ago so i decided to update it !
My week was alright, same old. I was working yesterday and i was going to see friend of mine but at the end of the day i decided to stay at home as i felt tired. Well today is sunday and i feel rested as i didnt do nothing all day just relaxing. I shopped for food and when I got home i had my dinner. Yesterday i bought a nice dress which wasnt that expensive, and it stunning!!! red one ! loving it! I am gonna wear that next week cause im going for my friend b'day! Other than that i have got some homework to do but knowing that Im lazy person i will postpone it for tomorrow.
How was your weekend then ??

Zobacz podobne tematy :

197

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I could refeat after martyna123 .....if somebody wants, just write to me an e-mail smile  I love english lg, so with a pleasure I will talk and make a friendship smile  My mail will appear when you click my nickname.

198

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi. I'm Remi. I can't write so good like you, can't speak like you, I suppose. I 'd like to write sth sometimes. I read what you write ocassionaly and i have a hope that i can say sth.
I was in England three years, so i had to use that language in every area.
Cheers smile

199 Ostatnio edytowany przez Sasha (2012-02-11 11:37:02)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi Everyone,
Wow, I completely forgot that we have an "English speakers only" topic. I spent little time on this site lately but I'm getting back on track. I don't need to practice my english since english is my second language, however, I am here if anyone would like some help smile
Have a great day!

200

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Remi napisał/a:

Hi. I'm Remi. I can't write so good like you, can't speak like you, I suppose. I 'd like to write sth sometimes. I read what you write ocassionaly and i have a hope that i can say sth.
I was in England three years, so i had to use that language in every area.
Cheers smile

Hi Remi!
I am sure that writing in this language will help you develop your skills so your english will get better! :-)
If you fancy we can talk of something your interested in.
I am off now, but I will be back later on, so hopefully we can talk a bit.
You take care and talk to you later.

201 Ostatnio edytowany przez Remi (2012-02-15 22:40:56)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Thanks for all Saffari.
I think developing skills in English is all right. I remember i used to listen(with or withou -ed?) english radio stations, sometimes i watched tv, after 2 years i understood everything, it was simply,  reading  books or newspapers. I had a friend, his name Paul, he lived in Leeds, but every summer coming to Kent, near London and the man looking golf balls, old ones.
Next time, i write more. See ya.

202

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Morning Remi ;-) This sentence is correct '' I used to listen''.
Well, watching English TV, listening to the radio, reading books and magazines is the best way to practise English! Seriously, I have installed english television recently, and it helps a lot! The same with reading in english, I have got few books, and I read every now and then. It's also good to have some english friends, and work with english people, because you do not have chance to speak polish at all, you need to communicate in english which i think is great!! 
Why did you come back to Poland then? Did you not like living in the UK?? I know- weather... but other things I think are better in the UK then in Poland. What do you think ??

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Someone's on here again...nice to hear from you guys. We haven't had a chance to talk before, but it will be nice to make some new friends smile

Remi where abouts in England did you live? And how come you're back in Poland?

And hello saffari smile

Any plans for the weekend??

204

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Beautiful Nightmare napisał/a:

Someone's on here again...nice to hear from you guys. We haven't had a chance to talk before, but it will be nice to make some new friends smile

Remi where abouts in England did you live? And how come you're back in Poland?

And hello saffari smile

Any plans for the weekend??

Hello Beatiful Nightmare :-) your ok ?

You asking for today's plans, well.. I always works on saturdays, but today I'm off, so since morning I've been doing nothing just resting!! I am going out tonight, we gonna have birthday party ( we were supposed to have it last week, but because of cold weather we had to cancel it). Tomorrow, i am gonna go to my sister's house, to print the ticket for my dad's birthday :-) I've got also some work to do, I need to translate some documents, as my manager from the nursery asked me to translate it into polish.
Some time ago I got some voucher and i was going to go town today, and buy some new clothes, but I decided to do it during the week.

You doing anything today or tomo?? ;-)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
saffari napisał/a:

Hello Beatiful Nightmare :-) your ok ?

You asking for today's plans, well.. I always works on saturdays, but today I'm off, so since morning I've been doing nothing just resting!! I am going out tonight, we gonna have birthday party ( we were supposed to have it last week, but because of cold weather we had to cancel it). Tomorrow, i am gonna go to my sister's house, to print the ticket for my dad's birthday :-) I've got also some work to do, I need to translate some documents, as my manager from the nursery asked me to translate it into polish.
Some time ago I got some voucher and i was going to go town today, and buy some new clothes, but I decided to do it during the week.

You doing anything today or tomo?? ;-)

Yes, I'm very well. Thank you.

How was the night out then? Guessing a significant amount of alcohol, loads of pictures and even more dancing wink

Ticket for your dad? What sort of ticket? Wish him happy birthday smile

My Saturday was but to be honest. I was working at university as they had an open day and there were a lot of people coming to visit. So overall it was a busy day. Then I had to get home very quickly to get ready to go to a pub with my boyfriend to meet some of his friends. He is a member of a Subaru club and they had a meeting last night. We are going to see them again today for lunch. Should be a good laugh.
Apart from that I am stuck at home doing uni work... :-/

206

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hello. All right?
I have a time so i write sth. I lived in England 3 years , it was 2 years ago. I came back because i missed. I,think. Here is my family, my friends, this,s my country. Anyway polish girls are the most beatiful in the world tongue So, i,m here.
Life in England is just simplier. Towns are cleaner, people more politely(good or wrong?), if you want to get a job is simply. You can go to school and learn english for free. I think there are more trees even. Our houses are modern, enhlish ones older. I mean they have old houses with lots of carpets inside, even in bathroom.
But the main diffrence is life style. They are happier, life is not so fast like here and we have more stressful life. I remember, i walked on(in?) the street and i can see black people, people from Europe, from Asia. I had friends from South Africa - girl Henri, girl Aisha from Kongo, from Russia or from Japan. So many cultures, so many diffrence styles of life. It was amazing. When i came back here everyone looked the same yikes
I think i made lost of mistakes in this post, but i tried my best.
Have a nice day.

207

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

My night out wasn't to bad actually. We went to snooker club first, and we played some games for couple of hours. I'm not good at all tongue I had only couple of beers, and then me and my friend decided to go clubbing because it was almost midnight, and we didn't have much time to dance, as all clubs in England are open only till 3 am. We went to one club, and after few minutes my other friends came over. We were dancing, drinking (not much obviously ;P) laughing, and it was all good. I spent all my money, but luckly when some of my friends went to the garden to smoke, they couldn't take drinks with them, as it's not permitted. I suggested I will look after their drinks, ( they gave me 3 beers)but during this time when they were smoking, I was drinking haha. How embarrasing!! Like I said I didn''t drink much tongue  I also saw some my old friends who I used to go to college with, and we spent couple of mintues on talking. After about an hour, two of my friends had to leave the club, because one of my friend boyfriend was in trouble, and they had to look for him. I decided to stay but all of sudden I lost my friend, and I stayed on my own. There was some people I knew, so I danced with them for a while, but when i realized my friend has gone, I decided to take taxi and go home. We didn't make any pictures at all as none took camera. Hope next time we will have better time, and we will not loose each other lol.

Thank you for birthday wishes ;-) Me, my sis and my mum bought him a ticket for Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix. He will be delightful when he gets it big_smile First of all I need to go to my sister's to print the confirmation, and then give it to my dad, as we have to wait couple of weeks for the ticket.

Beatiful Nightmare what do you do for your job ? I can imagine how busy it was, especially on open day! But your not working today so you can have a rest :-)
I was wondering when you and your bf meet up with those people from Subaru Club, do you also talk with them about cars ?? :> Or is it just your bf who talks to them and you just listen ? I am guessing your not talking about cars only ? you still talk about normal things such as work, uni etc??
I have never met anyone from Subaru Club so I don't know that's why I am asking tongue
hope your homework is not tough :-) What you up too after lunch ?
Have a good day :-)

Remi that's quite long time! Im not suprised you missed your family and friends, they were far away and I'm guessing you didn't see them often. That's true that life in England is better, but it also has got some disadvanatges tongue You have mentioned very important thing such as carpets in houeses! even in bathroom lol That's ridiculous!! And also two caps in bathroom, and kitchen as well lol.
It made me laugh when you said about trees big_smile to be honest I haven't thought about where is more trees in poland or england tongue
Something else made me laugh! You said when you came back to Poland everyone looked the same big_smile Your funny guy! ;-)
Do you consider coming back to the UK?? You still in touch with your friends from Africa, and Japan ? I think it's good to be in touch with old friends especially if they're ok!
Have a lovely day, and I think your english is good! :-) Seriously!! Take care!

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

saffari drinking other people's beer is very naughty... tongue Sounds like you had a good night though.

Your dad is gonna love the present. Wish I could go to see F1, but the tickets are ridiculously expensive, especially if you want something extra, not just a standard ticket.... You going with him or sending him on his own?

About my job, I do quite a few things apart from studying. I am currently in my final year at university studying Financial Mathematics. I also work at university. One of the jobs is during open days like I've already mentioned. I also work in a student debt office, where myself and the Debt Officer basically try to help students who have problems with paying their tuition fees. The other job that I do at uni is working in a Maths Support Centre, where I help student who have any Maths related problems, which I suppose you could compare a bit to tutoring. Outside of university I work for a local cleaning company as an Area Manager, where I look after 18 different contracts.
So yeah, that's all I'm doing at the minute. But hopefully I will find a full-time job some time soon, so I can work after graduation and avoid becoming a full-time unemployed smile

To be perfectly honest I was the same as you when I went to one of the meetings with him for the very first time. It was nothing new to him, because he used to belong to a drivers club. About a year ago, he bought the Subaru and that's when it all started. A couple of our close friends also have high performance cars, so this a well talked about topic. Well, they do talk about cars, but not only about cars. You see the thing is that if you are a member of that club, you get to know people and make new friends. Everyone lives all over the place, so when you do eventually meet up, you talk about everything and nothing. I have also started going to car shows with him, which I could say are more exciting, because there are many more other clubs and a lot of cars. They also do racing and drifting competitions, which are really good.
I don't really know a lot about cars, but I do like it when they look nice and drive fast smile
But to be perfectly honest it's like any other club. You just find people who have the same hobby and become friends. It doesn't really matter whether the club is about cars, dancing or studying history.

Remi so how's life treating you in Poland then?
You mentioned so many things that are better about the UK, that I'm starting to wonder why you decided to come back.
It is difficult for me to put myself in your shoes, because my closes family is here, and I made new friends in England as well. It might have been easier for me, because I left when I was 16 and most of my friends went their separate ways anyway. But then I do understand that family and friends are the most important, so you want to be close to them.
Do you ever think of coming back to the UK?

209 Ostatnio edytowany przez Remi (2012-02-19 21:51:45)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I think is difficult to forget about the past. When you lived abroad, generally your parents, brother or sisters are so far away. There is choice beetwen better life there and tougher but for me happier life here.
I,d like to come back to England some day. I think that,s possible. Eee, I remember people form Turkey did the best kebab on the world and i know where. I must taste that kebab once more. In Poland when i see on restaurant sth like this - kebap, kepab - yikes nothing to say more, heh.
And they use my favourite word - brilliant - http://babskiswiat.net/images/smiles/dance.gif
You,re brilliant big_smile but where do you live?

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Remi napisał/a:

I think is difficult to forget about the past. When you lived abroad, generally your parents, brother or sisters are so far away. There is choice beetwen better life there and tougher but for me happier life here.
I,d like to come back to England some day. I think that,s possible. Eee, I remember people form Turkey did the best kebab on the world and i know where. I must taste that kebab once more. In Poland when i see on restaurant sth like this - kebap, kepab - yikes nothing to say more, heh.
And they use my favourite word - brilliant - http://babskiswiat.net/images/smiles/dance.gif
You,re brilliant big_smile but where do you live?

That's fair enough. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters smile

Ha brilliant big_smile

I live in town called Stratford-upon-Avon. It's really popular with tourists, because that's where William Shakespeare was born, lived and died. It's a really nice place smile

Where abouts did you live?

211

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Lol i know it was naughty but they didn't mind me drinking their beers big_smile luckly I didn't have a hangover!! Sometimes when I drink a bit more, I feel sick, and i lie in my bed most of the day. Today was different though, as I only had a headache, but i stayed in bed till 3 anyway tongue About the ticket.. I know it's quite expensive, but I know my dad will love it, and we all wanted him to be happy ;-) I will take him to Silverstone, but he will be the one who is going to see all racing, and I will just sit in my car and wait for him tongue

That's really good you're on your final year at the uni. You will gradute soon then big_smile hopefully you will find some good job afterwards, but we all know it's very difficult to get some good job in this days. Many people apply for jobs, and most of them get rejecions, because they do not have an expierience in that kind of job. I'm little bit worried about myself, as I study NVQ Level 2 in Child Care and they usually need people with Level 3 which is qualified. Maybe it will not be too bad, as I got some expierience in Child Care setting because I go to the nursery twice a week. We will see how it goes. Maybe if you struggle with getting job in your occupation you could stay at uni and still work in the office, which I think is really good job :-) You must be really busy person, studying at uni, and having 3 jobs tongue Do you have time to go out with your friends, and see your boyfriend then? Sometimes when I look at jobs in sunday newspaper I see some advertisements about teacher jobs, and they get really good wages seeing that work as a teacher is not that easy. You need to be patient, and work under pressure with all kids tongue

I assume it's a good idea to attend some clubs because you easliy make new friends tongue And i agree with you that going at shows must be really exciting, and not many girls likes it because it's mostly boys hobby but in my opinion it's very interesting even that I do not know much about cars as well lol tongue All i know is how to drive, and where the fluids are tongue

I'm off soon so have a nice night ;-)

212 Ostatnio edytowany przez Sasha (2012-02-28 23:43:10)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi Everyone,
I noticed one thing. It's amazing how British English differs from American English smile Mind if I join in? Remi, I wanted to ask you about something. To be specific, about your way of learning English. I wanted to learn another foreign language and I would like to know when did you begin to watch english channels or listen to english radio? Did you know the basics of the English language before doing so or did you learn everything from T.V., radio, books and newspapers? I tried that approach already and I was so confused I had to trun on the English subtitles tongue .

213

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Saha if you have never had a chance to talk to english ppl, then obviously you might find it difficult to understand what they talk about. But the thing is you need to talk to them as often as possible, and watch english tv, listen to what they say and soon you will be able to understand them ! Not that easy I am afraid, but some ppl they do learn new things qucikly and I hope it will be the same with you :-) Good Luck!!

214

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
saffari napisał/a:

Saha if you have never had a chance to talk to english ppl, then obviously you might find it difficult to understand what they talk about. But the thing is you need to talk to them as often as possible, and watch english tv, listen to what they say and soon you will be able to understand them ! Not that easy I am afraid, but some ppl they do learn new things qucikly and I hope it will be the same with you :-) Good Luck!!

Saffari, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Yes, I have never talked to an English person before, however I do understand what they are saying smile The accent is very different from the American one, as well as certain phrases. I was hoping to learn another language, that is why I asked about your experience with watching T.V. and listening to the radio. If it worked for you, maybe it will work for me smile Thank you again and stay warm!
Sasha.

215

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi, I am new here. I hadn' t many oportunities to speak English, but now I am on Erasmus- Crete, Greece. I speak in this language everytime, so when I am writing in polish in forum it is very strange for me. That why I am glad because of this topic. I make many mistakes but I like this language. I hope that I spend very good time here. Greetings from sunny Crete tongue

216

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Good afternoon all !

How have you been doing ? We haven't talked since ages, hope your doing well.

It's been boring week tho, haven't done much to be fair... Actually I have finished my assignments yesterday, and I am happy cause I do not need to do writing work anymore!
I am going to the nursery soon, as my colleague has got a birthday, and she doesn't even know we all have prepared a suprise for her.. ;-) I am gonna get there at 3ish

I am waiting for your posts ! Let's talk!!

xx

217 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-07 21:33:09)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hello!
My English isn't very good, sometimes I write with dictionary, but let's talk smile
I cleaned my room yesterday. There was very dirty. Today I was on the Legia- Ruch Chorzów match with my boyfriend. It was new for me, I don't like matches, but I enjoy it  and spend nice time smile.
Now, I must doing some excercise, I'm on the diet and for better line I must do it smile.
Happy Easter everyone smile Silent, happy and Easter Monday with a lot of water, he he tongue
Have a nice time, kisses :*

218

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi Truskaweczka ;-) I am glad you enjoyed it! It's really nice atmosphere in there, but I consider places like this quite dangerous, as ppl are into fights..  I remember once I was on match with some of my friends, and I had great time too! Maybe one day I will have a chance to be on one of the international game, it would be awesome! How you getting on with your diet? Is it difficult thing to cope with ?
Happy Easter to you too Truskaweczka! I am sooooooooo bored today disaster!!
Have a  lovely ''smingus dyngus'' big_smile
Talk to you later!

219

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

hi everyone!

hope your day is good! how was easter? hope u enjoyed it wink sorry for my english..am better in speaking than in writing:P

220

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Awww i see no1 is here sad

221

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

hello everyone smile
I'm new in this post and I'm really bad in english:( However I realy want to improve it so that's why I decided to write here.

My Easter was quite acceptable (I don't like every event like that).

Now I'm very broken because I had have very bad dream. And when I woke up I was crying. It was a dream that my brother died, and I found out about it in the latest time when funeral was just to take place. I ran there in unsuitable clothes. I couldn't believe that. It was awful... I cant stop to thinking about that.

I hope that you haven't got dreams like this.

222

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
upadły anioł 17 napisał/a:

hello everyone smile
I'm new in this post and I'm really bad in english:( However I realy want to improve it so that's why I decided to write here.

My Easter was quite acceptable (I don't like every event like that).

Now I'm very broken because I had have very bad dream. And when I woke up I was crying. It was a dream that my brother died, and I found out about it in the latest time when funeral was just to take place. I ran there in unsuitable clothes. I couldn't believe that. It was awful... I cant stop to thinking about that.

I hope that you haven't got dreams like this.

Hi! Hope u r alright!
And u know it was just a dream...so no need to be bother by this.

223

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Gosh! Completely forgot we had an english speaking place in here.
Hows everybody?
We had a horrible rain just a few mins ago and a pressure is quite low so we all just waiting for a right time to b able to officialy go to bed smile

224

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

paradise92mru
I know that it was only a dream but it was very realistic. it's so complicated.

my time to bed? it will be hmm let me think.. about 2 AM I think. I can't sleep

225 Ostatnio edytowany przez paradise92mru (2012-04-13 09:38:32)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

upadly aniol 17
i know wat u mean... i had a dream like this too but about my dead grandmom tht she was smiling to me n she wanted to tell me smth but i woke up...


btw ladies n gents tongue here weather is crap! i want sun not f**** clouds...

226

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

paradise92mru
what's a pity sad

Everyone! I'd like to tell you that's there are sunny morning and I hope that all day will be sunny and warm although I must to study so I'll be all day in my room.
evertthing the best today!

227

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Yeah me too I need to study....I got exam tomorrow n on Sunday....

228

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
upadły anioł 17 napisał/a:

paradise92mru
I know that it was only a dream but it was very realistic. it's so complicated.

my time to bed? it will be hmm let me think.. about 2 AM I think. I can't sleep

Know ur pain. Couldnt sleep til 2.30am but lasted till 1.15pm big_smile What the hell Im gonna do tonite? smile

229

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:
upadły anioł 17 napisał/a:

paradise92mru
I know that it was only a dream but it was very realistic. it's so complicated.

my time to bed? it will be hmm let me think.. about 2 AM I think. I can't sleep

Know ur pain. Couldnt sleep til 2.30am but lasted till 1.15pm big_smile What the hell Im gonna do tonite? smile

Watch a movie or read a book it will make u sleep^^

230

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
paradise92mru napisał/a:

Watch a movie or read a book it will make u sleep^^

yeah but it must be very boring movie or book, because I'm wathing at night interesting film and then I couldnt sleep smile

231

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
paradise92mru napisał/a:
Sadie napisał/a:
upadły anioł 17 napisał/a:

paradise92mru
I know that it was only a dream but it was very realistic. it's so complicated.

my time to bed? it will be hmm let me think.. about 2 AM I think. I can't sleep

Know ur pain. Couldnt sleep til 2.30am but lasted till 1.15pm big_smile What the hell Im gonna do tonite? smile

Watch a movie or read a book it will make u sleep^^

No cant do. All my books and movies r interesting and once its on I will watch it to the end smile Even worse if I have like a saga then I have to read them all smile

232

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

No cant do. All my books and movies r interesting and once its on I will watch it to the end smile Even worse if I have like a saga then I have to read them all smile

I understand You. I've the same problem. If I start sth I must end it.

233

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Same here but sometimes when sm1 will come n start talking ill loose my courage to finish it.

234

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
upadły anioł 17 napisał/a:
Sadie napisał/a:

No cant do. All my books and movies r interesting and once its on I will watch it to the end smile Even worse if I have like a saga then I have to read them all smile

I understand You. I've the same problem. If I start sth I must end it.

Exactly. Never actually managed to fall asleep with a book. BTW what types of books do u read? Have u got ur favourite author?
Mine favourite is Anne Bishop, Anne McCarthy, Sapkowski. Also from our polish writers Chmielewska. Hang on...Sapkowski is also polish smile I dont know if u r familiar with those but just in case u r not those r mostly fantasy books. Andrzej Pilipiuk is great big_smile Fantastic sense of humour big_smile Enjoy Koontz and King but find King very sophisticated sometimes. Koontz is more simple. Feel like I can connetc with his books easier.
Who else here reads fantasy books? What can u recommend 4 me? REcently looking 2 start reading sth new but dont have a clue what. Help needed..:D

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

Who else here reads fantasy books? What can u recommend 4 me? REcently looking 2 start reading sth new but dont have a clue what. Help needed..:D

I recommend a series written by Sophie Kinsella starting with "Confessions of a shopaholic". I've read all of the books so far and every time I get completely lost in Becky's world. Many times I happened to burst out laughing whilst reading it. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but either way recommend to anyone. smile

236 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-17 02:32:22)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I really enjoy Koontz's books , for example "Oczy ciemności", "Twoje serce należy do mnie". This is rather thriller, I really like it. I like too Masterton, week ago I finished "Zapisane w kościach" Beckett- really good book with interesting atmosphere, small island and a murder -- I recommend it. . I like romantic comedy books sometimes, so I have good memoirs with books Daniel Glattauer. I don't read fantasy books, I don't like it. When I watched "Władca pierścieni" I was very bored .. I like only "Intruz" Stephanie Myer and "Miecz przeznaczenia" Sapkowski, but "Wiedźmin" in cinema version I don't like. But I like horror and thriller books the most smile.

237

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Beautiful Nightmare napisał/a:
Sadie napisał/a:

Who else here reads fantasy books? What can u recommend 4 me? REcently looking 2 start reading sth new but dont have a clue what. Help needed..:D

I recommend a series written by Sophie Kinsella starting with "Confessions of a shopaholic". I've read all of the books so far and every time I get completely lost in Becky's world. Many times I happened to burst out laughing whilst reading it. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but either way recommend to anyone. smile

I try to stay opened for reading options. Yes I like fantasy but will not decline other ones. I have heard about this book somewhere...and i think I have seen the cover..But kill me I dont remember where. How many books this series has?
Thanks anyway I will try to hunt it down smile
Strawberry we have the same style so I have read all of those mentioned by u big_smile
Have u read Mastertons "Sfinks"? Find this. Its really good.
Dont swear woman big_smile Bored on "Lord of the Rings"? How dare u? big_smile Only kidding...
But have 2 agree with u that cinema version of Wiedzmin was absolutely crap. Not worth time or money spend.
BTW who likes cinema?

238

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I do like cinema especially if I got an opportunity to go on a date lol. I usually like to watch comedy, and romantic movies tho, as this is what I am passionate about. In my town there are only couple of cinemas, so its best to go different city to different cinema, as they are more equipped, and spacious. By the way in my town there are some polish movies on, so ppl who do not understand english are able to go there and watch a polish movie ;-) In my opinion I cosider it as good option, cause loads of people like movies and they keep themselves entertainment. I did not watch that cause I am not into polish movies anyway.. Maybe it's seems to be odd but when watching some films with handsome actors I am more focused on it then normally lol tongue

239

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

hay,
I don't like fantasy in all option (books/film...). Aktually I don't read much, but lase i read "nostalgia anioła" and i watched this film. of course book was better. I read "skradzione jutro" both and this too good. let me think what else i can recomend. "Carrie white" was also good. Unfortunately I can't read books in english. Btw I don't have enough time to read enything hmm I'm really busy and Idon't have motivation to do anything, I'm bored. I like cinemas but I go there raelly

240 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-17 15:40:30)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

"Sfinks"? I don't read it. Thanks for your suggestion smile. I've read "Duch ognia", "14 obliczy strachu" smile.
Cinema? I very enjoy smile. I like watching the most thriller and horrors, as as in books smile. So I can recommended many films form this sort, for example Hitchcock films, "Stay allive", "Mroczna kraina", "Nieznajomi", "Eden lake", "Funny games", "Hotel zła" , "The antyville" , "Inni", "Sierota", "Koszmar z ulicy wiązów", "Austopowicz"  and many others. But I enjoy watching comedies too, I watched about week ago "Nietykalni"- excellent film smile. From romance I love "Miłość na żądanie", "Waiting for forever", "Pamiętnik", "Keith...and many others smile. I often watch films in Internet, but the best is go to cinema, sit in comfortable sits and watch it on big screen smile.
I don't read books in English, because I can't understand everything, I must improve English.

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

I try to stay opened for reading options. Yes I like fantasy but will not decline other ones. I have heard about this book somewhere...and i think I have seen the cover..But kill me I dont remember where. How many books this series has?

Let me think, there are "Confessions of a shopaholic", "Shopaholic abroad", "Shopaholic ties the knot", "Shopaholic and sister", "Shopaholic and baby" and "Mini shopaholic". That's the correct order I think. There may be more of then coming, because the last book had sort of an open ending that allows the story to continue into another book. Hope you know what I mean... smile

truskaweczka19 napisał/a:

I don't read books in English, because I can't understand everything, I must improve English.

I think you should still read them. I didn't understand everything when I started reading in English, but still managed to understand the main ideas and what the whole story was about. The more you read, the more you understand, so whether it's books or magazines, I would advise you read in English. It's a very good way to improve your language skills. I've tested it and it works big_smile


Cinema is always good smile Unfortunately, the one in my town is a bit crap, so I always end up going to another town. It is a bit of a distance, but hey there are McDonalds and KFC on the way, so somehow almost always end up going there as well. tongue
However, they are rebuilding the town square and there is going to be a big cinema, so maybe I will not have to go so far to comfortably watch a movie. We'll see smile

242 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-17 17:38:19)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

You have a right. I must read English books or magazines, I can't understand everything, sometimes I don't remeber really simple words, but if I read more I can improve English  smile. Evidently I'm too lazy, but I must change it smile.

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
truskaweczka19 napisał/a:

You have a right. I must read English books or magazines, I can't understand everything, sometimes I don't remeber really simple words, but if I read more I can improve English  smile. Evidently I'm too lazy, but I must change it smile.

That's the spirit!! smile Let me know how you get on smile And don't worry if you only understand the main story line, that's enough at the beginning. You'll see that the more you read the more you understand. Good luck smile

244

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Wow!
Beautiful Nightmare thats quite a lot of books smile Im actually tempted to go 4 it. Thanks.
About reading...I can read in english but prefer read books in polish. When I had to do my studies I had 2 read a lots of books and I managed. But it was not a pleasure. And 4 me reading must be pleasure. Unfortunately in here there is no polish books so I have to order them in  Poland. Cant imagine to read fantasy books in english. smile Just cant. Im a keen reader can go through one big book a day but when I read in englih my brain gets tired quickly. Magazines and newspapers are fine can read them but sophisticated books r tough.
I love cinema. On my own or with someone. Like big screen and popcorn and all what cmes with this (no double meaning) smile
Sometimes go on my own because why not? smile But actually my question about cinema meant what movies do u all like?
Do u watch 4 future releases? Im looking forward to movie "Prometeus" in cinemas june 2012. Also cant wait 4 Battleship (hang on it might be on now!! )
Also Avengers look quite interesting.
Im sick if I dont go 2 cinema at least once a month big_smile Love it!! big_smile

245

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

OMG! Everytime how I've wanted write here,  I didn't knew what! So, I have much to make up, but I promise I will look in here all time! big_smile

(maybe my English is better that earlier... my false hopes big_smile)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku
Sadie napisał/a:

Wow!
Beautiful Nightmare thats quite a lot of books smile Im actually tempted to go 4 it. Thanks.

(...)

But actually my question about cinema meant what movies do u all like?

No problem smile Let me know whether you like it or not smile Hope you will do smile

About cinema... I like to go, but I don't seem to go as often anymore. The last film I saw was "We bought a zoo", which was brilliant! smile I love watching comedies and chick-flicks. I still remember when my friends dragged me to the cinema to watch "Paranormal activity 2"... :-/ I don't watch horror movies as it is, because I get really scared, and I definitely don't like watching horror movies at the cinema. If that wasn't bad enough, we were sitting in the second row!! I was hiding behind my hands for over half of the film!! haha
I like actions movies too. My brother wants me to take him to see "Avengers", so maybe I'll see that smile

247

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Im counting days down to Avengers :D In cinema 26 april. And I am gonna go...
On Paranormal Activity 2 I made a scene in the cinema because when all those hanged pans and frying pans and cubets axploded I was the only one in the cinema who shouted :D Peope looked at me like at the freak :D
So I prefer horrors in the quiet of my own house where I have my husband to go upstairs and turn on all lights before i go there :)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Haha funny you mention that. I remember that scene very well. I shouted as well I think, but not only because I got scared when everything exploded, but at exactly the same time my friend, who was sitting next to me, decided to grab my hand!! My blood pressure went through the roof.... :-/

249

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Imagine...
Strange hand in the darkness grabing u...U must shit your pants big_smile
I like sitting at the end rows. Everybody is lower than me and nobody is spoiling my view.
I managed once to spill a full 0.75l large coke all way down...I could literally hear a waterfall coming down (shame on me) so we moved on the side a bit... Gosh!! That was awfull...thank god nobody seemed to noticed....
eautifull where about in uk r u?

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I tell you what, I almost did shit my pants! tongue
Oh dear, that sounds like a serious accident... Did you spill it on yourself or just on the floor? Because, if it went on your clothes, how did you manage to get out of the cinema without anyone noticing?
I always end up being covered in popcorn as somehow manage to miss my mouth tongue

I live in Stratford-upon-Avon. Maybe you've heard? It's a popular tourist destination, because of the whole William Shakespeare business smile
Where abouts are you from??

By the way, after watching something scary, I am always afraid to lock myself in the bathroom... I'm guessing that's surely not normal haha

251

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

No I didnt spill it on myself. I tried to lift it off the floor onto the handle on my chair and didnt get good grip on this...Dropped it on the floor and knocked it with my foot... Rest is a history smile
Popcorn everywhere? Oh Yeah smile At least its not extremely messy I guess...Did u know in here we have sweet popcorn?? What a waste of sugar and corn smile Thats against nature.
Gosh! Stradford-upon-what? Avon is a jewellry and cosmetics brand and Im gonna stick 2 it smile
Shakespeare? Yeah, heard of him but no further relationship with him. Not my type of books he produced smile
BTW after watching scary movie my dogs r extremely happy because they get a chance to b in the bedroom with me smile
Another good think about our inema is the fact that its close to big retail park wher we can find loads of nice restaurants and shops. Including my favourite IKEA big_smile
Guilty...My husband hates it now cos we went through some period of time when we were there pretty much every week. And he is a bloke with no desire to look at the candles, artificial flowers and all that crap smile So Im taking him to Home Sense instead big_smile
Do u girls like shops like Ikea? Or u prefer clothes shopping big_smile I cant decide which one I like more big_smile

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

That's good then. A least you didn't end up looking like you just got out the bath tongue
I know, sweet popcorn is ridiculous... My dad and brother like it, but I think it's horrible. Salty popcorn all the way!! big_smile
Haha Avon is also a river tongue It's a nice little town actually smile
IKEA...I think I've only been there once or twice in my life. But then again, I live with my parents, so I haven't had a chance to decorate my own home, not yet anyway tongue
At the minute my favorite shop is New Look and recently Deichmann (not sure about the spelling) as well, because I got an amazing pair of shoes from there!! Shoes are my weakness... sad

253

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

So r mine!! I love shoes. And bags but a bit less. But I absoltely adore shoes. Unfortunately I have very expensive taste in that matter so...suffering most of time when I c shoes I would love to have but cant afford. smile Eh I need 2 rob a bank. Or even better a few banks big_smile
How about restaurants? Who likes having meals in a restaurants? What r your tastes? Spanish? Mexican? Chinese? Or just classic polish meals?

My husband is a massive fan of polish meals. When I started cooking he wasnt sure about this to start of but after few meals like schabowy or bretony beans he fall in love with polish cooking. Still cannot convince him to try mushroom but...I will find a way smile

My and my husband love a good food (my waist can say) but we try ot to go 2 often (expensive). I fall in love with curry popular indian meal. I always liked chinese and now I actually cook it at home. Bought a cooking book and trying chinese recipes at home. And I am a massive fan of Mexican and Italian food. Spaghetti is my crown delight smile And Enchiladas. Popular mexican meal with chicken breast, cheese wrapped in tortilla wraps baked with tomato sauce and more cheese smile Yum yum. smile

254

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Hi girls ;-) When I looked at your posts I have noticed that you all talking about shopping so then I have decided to join in to the conversation. In the place where I live there is not many shops tho, but I will always find something for myself as I am not that choosy as I used to be. There are some nice clothes in Primark, but quality is rubish. I only buy shirts in there that I wear when I go to work lol. I remember the day when I went shopping and I was going to buy some nice dressess as I was going on holiday. I was so exited when I saw this nice dress in Primark only for 2 pound! bargain! It looked so nice on me, it suited perfectly! I bought it! Then i went on holiday... I have tried this dress before, but I didn't wear it as i thought to myself I keep it on a special day. Well I put it on, and at the same time shoulder strap has torn. I was so angry!!! But i learnt my lesson, and I don't buy anything from primark anymore, unless it's socks big_smile
From different selection of shops I do like New Look, and Beals as well.
There are often sales in shops so you can get lots of clothes, shoes really cheap! Love it ! I would have to go London one day and do my shopping there ! I have only 1 hour to London by train, not far at all, but If i had more money I would go tongue
xx

255 Ostatnio edytowany przez truskaweczka19 (2012-04-20 21:02:39)

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I don;t like shopping, as my father tongue. I like bags, but I don't enjoy be in a shop for hours and watching something. I prefer go somewhere, watching for a while and buy something, which I like smile. Shoes? I like 'balerinki' or sport shoes. I don;t like ellegant shoes, I don't wearing heels. I have one shoe with heels, but I rather don't like wearing it, so I wearing it only for a special ocassion.
Of course, I love good food, but on my diet I can eat some yummy things tongue. I want to try shrimps (yeah, I serach it word in dictionary tongue), because I never taste it. I eat rather traditional dishes, but I want to try something new. I used to disgust shrimps, octopusts, but now I want to eat it. In all ,I can spit out it, when it don;t taste good wink. Sadie, your husband , know what is taste tongue I like schabowy and other polish dish too smile. I love pasta salad and other dishes with pasta, when I'm on a diet I eat brown pasta, it's very good smile. From Chinese in restaurant I try only 'kurczak w cieścier". Awesome wink. Now I'm eating a salad for my supper and sandwich smile. I have lose 8 kilograms already smile

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Sadie I'm sorry to ask, don't answer if you don't want to, but is your husband not Polish?

Talking about food, I am a bit fussy when it comes to eating. For example, I love curry, but I hate spicy food. Weird, I know!! tongue I'm not too keen on Mexican though, it just tastes like food for people who don't have teeth hmm I'm not quite there yet tongue

saffari I've had very similar experiences with stuff from Primark. The quality is ridiculous hmm
Shopping in London sounds like fun. I have about 2 hours on the train and may have to go on a shopping spree one day. Better start saving now smile

truskaweczka19 I'm totally opposite in terns of shoes that I like to wear. I love wearing high heels. Unfortunately, I have to walk between different places and it's not always possible to almost run in heels, but I wear them as much as possible. I'm hoping that I get a nice office job, where I'll be able to wear all of my lovely shoes smile Even the fact that I'm tall and people say that I don't need heels, doesn't stop me from wearing them smile

257

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

I understand tongue I maybe buy heels, because my boyfriend, want to see me in it. Maybe, sometimes I wear it, but I don't want to wear it often, rather for special ocassion . I'm with my boyfirend 3 years, at all. tongue. I have 170 cm wink. I like my height. I don;t like heels often (often for me it's every day or once a week), because it's not health for foot, I'm strongly try to life healthy for some time. But of course, if somebody love heels, let wear it often smile. It's not important, that you are tall, it's your choice. I don't need it, altough my tall is medium, simply I feel good now smile. So don;t think about it, you must feel comfortable smile.

Spicy food? I like smile. When I was child, I ate spicy chewing gum or ate lemons, drunk citrin acid!!
From Mexican I like tortilla ;-) In my sister house, I have ate three big tortillas, so good!!
Clothes? I like second- handes, I have many interesting in my town smile. I like too Orsay (but when I'm put on weight, I can't wear it, so I have been losing my weight to normal and healthy size tongue ). I have never been in London, but I have heard, that there many clothes are cheaper than in Poland. When I gain money, I want to go to Roma, London, maybe Egypt tongue.

258

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Clothes may b cheaper than in Poland but definitely not in London. Its a capital city and there is usually the same stuff but more expensive big_smile
Its like in Warsa u can go 4 some shoes and spend a lot. And then u go to 4 eg Wroclam or Gdansk and u will buy similar shoes for half price.
Actually I hte London.Been there 3 times and two times I was extremely disappointed. People rush all the time, they all appear to b stressed and up their asses. My cusin lived there 4 7 yrs and was glad to come back to Poland. That prooves how bad is there smile So if we r talking about shopping I would prefer Manchester smile Same things but cheaper than those in London.
How about Primark? I have never had disasters with clothes from there. Nothing snapped or got broken. Recently got nice suit 4 work and its great smile And classic black heels. Those heels r fantastic! Wear them all the time 4 work and nothing is wrong with them. They also look good with skinny jeans and leather jacket.
Beauty my husband is not polish. Yorkshire- England born and breed. And there is nothing wrong in questions smile If u ask 2 much I will tell u but u still have a lot boundaries to push tongue So dont worry because if I want I will ask u anything big_smile Well a lot smile
Ladies wear heels. Men dont even know how much they like womens legs in heels big_smile
Ladies if u want to talk about sth else than shopping just go 4 it. I just started subject. First one I had in my mind. But if u want we can talk about advantages and disadvantages of uk/poland being in UE. Or is hose pipe ban in southern parts of UK necesary or not. Explain smile
Im easy smile

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Sadie I thought he wasn't after you said that he wasn't sure about Polish food at first. tongue
My boyfriend is English as well and he loves Polish cakes that my mum makes, especially 'karpatka'. That's his favourite. smile
How long have you been married then? Did you get married in church or registry office? Catholic or Church of England? Poland or England?

260

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

How you getting on with your English boyfriends/ husbands?? I had a boyfriend who was English and he seems to be weirdo. English ppl have different mentality then Polish, but i still think it is possible to be in happy relation with ppl other countries. We just couldn't get on well with each other, but i have some English friends that I met a college few years ago and they are ok.

Posty [ 196 do 260 z 303 ]

Strony Poprzednia 1 2 3 4 5 Następna

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Zobacz popularne tematy :

Mapa strony - Archiwum | Regulamin | Polityka Prywatności



© www.netkobiety.pl 2007-2024