English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku - Netkobiety.pl

Dołącz do Forum Kobiet Netkobiety.pl! To miejsce zostało stworzone dla pełnoletnich, aktywnych i wyjątkowych kobiet, właśnie takich jak Ty! Otrzymasz tutaj wsparcie oraz porady użytkowniczek forum! Zobacz jak wiele nas łączy ...

Szukasz darmowej porady, wsparcia ? Nie zwlekaj zarejestruj się !!!

Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Strony 1 2 3 6 Następna

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Posty [ 1 do 55 z 301 ]

Temat: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

That's a place for those who want to improve their English skills... wink
All posts will be corrected if You wish - so you could get better!

Let me start:
I'm a psychologist who works with children, teachers and their parents. For last 5-6 years I've been teaching English, I'm one of the Helen Doron teachers and I must say that without any doubt I wouldn't change it for anything else.

I love travelling, sipping coffee, reading Spanish books, having ladies' nights and being always on the run.

How's your day? smile

... Mam serce w ogniu i niewiele mam w tym życiu czasu, by żałować czegoś...

REGULAMIN Forum Netkobiety.pl - przeczytaj smile
Zobacz podobne tematy :

Odp: English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

This is a great idea

Unfortunately, I do not know English well.
Sometimes here envious
My day is rather poor
Greet

"Uśmiechnięci, wpół objęci spróbujemy szukać zgody,
choć różnimy się od siebie
jak dwie krople czystej wody." W. Szymborska

What a splendid idea, dear Yvette big_smile

We shall see how popular this netcafe will be wink

Hi, I'm Martina smile
Will you please hug me? big_smile

5 Ostatnio edytowany przez Anemonne (2010-06-20 17:38:59)

Great idea, indeed smile
I hope there soon will be much more users (net-women? wink) interested in chatting in English.

My day is rather 'lazy' so far - I'm relaxing and taking a break from studying for my exams. Well, and I'm preparing myself for Monday - the most bitchy (pardon my French) day of the week wink

<hug_for_Martina> wink

Anamonne thank you big_smile

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your exams, Anemonne smile

My Sunday is too rather lazy. But my ancle hurts and I don't know what's the matter sad I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the Church (since I was too lazy to go to Mass in the morning so it is still awaiting me tongue). We shall see.

Hi guys wink Finally something for me too!
Don't be surprised with my english - the funny thing is that even though in few days I will be a licensed english teacher I make hell lot of mistakes in writing. Can't help it - even after finishing my diploma project (licencjat? smile )in english. I may be an only-english-language dyslectic - who knows?

And what about my day? It was not lazy as all of us should be voting today! Hope you've all made a good choice. Now, I'm watching TVN to see the results of the election.
I have also cleaned my whole apartement - now it's shiny and beautifull. That's why I love Sundays.
What's more? I've also been to see if everything is going good with my event. Me and my mom run a company and we prepare events for other companies (like big openings, anniversaries etc.) and we have one on Tuesday.

Now, I'm reading my favourite forum wink and wondering what next will go wrong at my college. If someone wants to hear about it just ask - and it's a really looong, looong story about unreliable people who work at Warsaw University...

Hugs for everyone!

Are you an idiot? No, sir, I'm a dreamer

a_normalna napisał/a:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your exams, Anemonne smile

Thanks smile I'm starting to think I'm gonna need a miracle to get through this sh*t tongue

pennylane napisał/a:

I may be an only-english-language dyslectic - who knows?

You'd be surprised how much 'dyslectic' are American people... Many of them can't just spell a simple word, not to mention their poor grammar hmm

Yes, but the problem is that if you're a dyslectic - you are one in all languages and I don't have any problems with polish spelling (well, maybe apart from "rz" and "ż" wink ) and with english I sometimes have huuuge. For example - after more than 10 years of studying english I still write "almoust" not "almost" even though I know the proper form smile

Ha, that is so ironic! This forum is one of the rare polish forums I take a part in and...now I get to write in my language:) My day has been very nice so far! I had a lovely morning with my adorable baby boy. We went for a nice, long walk around the lake. We picked some fresh flowers too. I put him down for a nap about 10 minutes ago and now I have some time for myself.
I hope you all will enjoy your Sunday as well:)
Hugs!

Za dlugo mnie tutaj nie bylo...;)

Hello smile Antonia, nice to me. Sorry for mistakes, certainly appear big_smile I'm learning English only four months, can you understand me smile But please, do not laugh so loud big_smile Currently, I study medicine. I attended a French school, so I can be proud of French, Swedish and Spanish (modest), last English and Chinese. In class we have a good laugh, and even more, as I begin to speak. With time, it should be better. My day passed fairly intensive swimming pool, church (old ladies passed the howling themselves today big_smile ), family dinner, meet friends, then the next, and finally returned to the house. Currently I'm learning - English, too big_smile Maybe people will be with me. An interesting idea from the café. I wish you all a pleasant evening smile Kisses.

Hakuna matata smile
Tomorrow will inform colleagues at work. Probably not believe me. It is possible that either comes to us.
Hahahahahahahaha

Gdy człowiek będzie miał wszystko
Bogowie będą musieli umierać...

pennylane napisał/a:

even though in few days I will be a licensed english teacher I make hell lot of mistakes in writing. Can't help it - even after finishing my diploma project (licencjat? smile )in english. I may be an only-english-language dyslectic - who knows?

And the same for me. Shame on my, 'cos I shouldn't make those mistakes, but still - they DO happen sad

And as goes for "licencjat" it's BA (Bachelor of Arts). Magisterka is MA, and doktorat - PhD.

Wow, I'm impressed - you needed just a few hours to get into wink

Antoninaa, it's incredible that your English is far so good when you're a fresh learner. Why don't I see voting in your schedule today? wink

Sasha, I'm jealous about your day with the boyfriend, my Adam is in the middle of his exams (Anemonne, good luck with yours) and there's no way I could go out with him. But the next week is ours, of course in case his exams will be passed...

Yvette, Thank you, though my teacher often laughs at me big_smile But it's good, then it is prettier. Elections? Well, they were big_smile Ochhh ... I did not want bored big_smile Hahaha ... I was sure that nobody but me will understand smile

Hi folks;)

I see that voting and spending day with honey are the main issues today:). I combine both of them - unortunatelly, I could't spend this Sunday with my honey because of voting! Why? He  works as a reporter and has a lot to do with  relating the events. Sometimes I'm fed up with his job - I don't know when we meet or he must run to the editorial office when we have a romantic evening. But  I'm proud of him, although he's 'Mr. Absent':)

What's also important for me today? I had an artistic workshop with kinds, you know - painting, cutting, sculpting with lots of laugh and mess:)

Please, don't pay attention to details (my mistakes:D) - one who makes no mistakes makes nothing:)

Kto marzy o doskonałości, zazwyczaj poucza, poprawia, daje lekcje innym i wszyscy od niego uciekają.
L. Kołakowski

Guys (or rather ladies wink): which accent do you prefer? Old-school British RP or American?

British with no doubt!:)

Kto marzy o doskonałości, zazwyczaj poucza, poprawia, daje lekcje innym i wszyscy od niego uciekają.
L. Kołakowski

I love British, but unfortunately I must admit that most of us will never achieve perfection in it... sad

naami napisał/a:

Please, don't pay attention to details (my mistakes:D) - one who makes no mistakes makes nothing:)

True! wink
I've my own Mr Absent, too so I know what it's all about tongue - It gets hard sometimes, but I wouldn't change him wink

Hi. It,s nice to be here. I,m not good in English at all. Anyway i,d like to write sth. Bye

Gdy czegoś mocno pragniesz, los Ci sprzyja...

a_normalna napisał/a:

Guys (or rather ladies wink): which accent do you prefer? Old-school British RP or American?

American, definitely. I've been practically raised on American English wink I 've been to the States a few times in my childhood, because my father worked there. Now my sister lives there and her husband is American, so I have to be able to communicate with him and his family. I also watch American movies and TV shows very often, so I have a lot of contact with American English and no actual contact with British English. I don't know any English people and have never been to UK.
By the way - I really can't understand spoken British English, they talk like they have their mouths stuffed with something tongue

23 Ostatnio edytowany przez a_normalna (2010-06-20 22:47:36)

yvette napisał/a:

most of us will never achieve perfection in it... sad

Funny thing: if you were to speak a perfect RP you would be better in it than the British big_smile My phonetic teacher always used to say it big_smile

I live in the UK and understand only the dialect of Somerset.
Hahahahahahaha

Gdy człowiek będzie miał wszystko
Bogowie będą musieli umierać...

American, american, hell yeah american! Although I've had a lot of problems about it - all of polish english teachers love british english. yeah, and almost (I'VE WROTE ALMOST!!!!) all of them can't really speak it properly...
As for watching the shows - girls, for all weekend I'm watching "Scrubs" like a crazy person. I'm on the 5th episode of 8th season now - and on friday I was watching the end of 5th season... Thanks to God my boyfriend -  a possesed musician - plays guitar all the time so I don't have to feel sorry for sitting in front of my macbook for all those hours.

Did any of you watch this show? Seriously, I'm a huge lover of many, different shows but this one is the best. The weird thing is that when I watch something on and on I start to behave like the characters of it... and if any of you know Scrubs you may imagine how strange I am acting now. smile

26 Ostatnio edytowany przez Antoninaa (2010-06-20 23:37:17)

I read that the U.S. is more intelligible and sounds better, because they are all pronounced the 'r' on the other hand my cousin says it's nonsense hmm  So now I do not know hmm Americans is more than the British, and they probably also begin to avoid the RP. You think, RP that sounds ridiculous, like the Poles begin to imitate him?  smile Hm, Britain requires a major effort. I'm waiting for a long number of years to properly speak and write - with Polish, I have problems with time, until ashamed to admit it.
I do not know on everything. wink

I watch this series smile Although, as I had too much science, I skipped two episodes. I guess I have too many classes, or too little time wink

pennylane napisał/a:

American, american, hell yeah american! Although I've had a lot of problems about it - all of polish english teachers love british english. yeah, and almost (I'VE WROTE ALMOST!!!!) all of them can't really speak it properly...
As for watching the shows - girls, for all weekend I'm watching "Scrubs" like a crazy person. I'm on the 5th episode of 8th season now - and on friday I was watching the end of 5th season... Thanks to God my boyfriend -  a possesed musician - plays guitar all the time so I don't have to feel sorry for sitting in front of my macbook for all those hours.

Did any of you watch this show? Seriously, I'm a huge lover of many, different shows but this one is the best. The weird thing is that when I watch something on and on I start to behave like the characters of it... and if any of you know Scrubs you may imagine how strange I am acting now. smile

I'm a huuuuuge fan of Scrubs smile By the way - my boyfriend is a musician too, but he's also a fan, so we watched it together wink Watched - in the past tense - because we've already seen all 9 seasons like a hundred times each... wink

I'm a crazy lover of many American TV series - my favourite (besides Scrubs) are House MD, Moonlight (have any of you seen it? Sadly there's just one season, because CBS TV wasn't interested in buying more...), True Blood, Dexter, Californication - and lately I'm addicted to Sex and the City... wink

Hi
What a great idea smile I don't know if I could manage to talk with you but I will try.

What about scrubs, what's a polish name for this show?

"Przeszłość i teraźniejszość są naszymi środkami. Tylko przyszłość jest celem."

Hello everybody smile Nice to meet you all here. I'm sure we will have fun  smile This cafe is a great idea.

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
Cause that's my funday
An I don't have to run day
It's just another manic Monday

I dedicate this song to all have a nice Monday smile

What about me? I finished law studies and work in court. I like to travel and watch movies. My English is becoming better each day wink

Have a nice day smile

Anemonne - oh, so maybe you could tell me whether there is any point in watching the 9th season?
Apart from Scrubs (polish name: Hoży Doktorzy but it is one of the typical tragic translations...) I love the CW TV shows like Gossip Girl and 90210. I also like Californication and of course (!!!!) I love House. Are you waiting for the 7th season as much as I do? Can't wait to see how House's and Cuddy's relationship will work.
I also like some less known shows like Instant Star witch was aired on the canadian tv and the main character there is one of my favourite singers - Alexz Johnson. May I paste here a link to the youtube movie? If not you may search for her song "Trip around the world".

Ok, I have to go to work and to school to fight for my rights wink Literally smile smile

Good day everyone!

31 Ostatnio edytowany przez alaclaudie (2010-06-21 12:44:46)

http://www.netkobiety.pl/viewtopic.php? … 39#p235039
Finaly!! Yvette thx u a lot!! so my grammar is't like yours but i ll with pleasure read this cafe smile
My day? - so my coworker is ill (?) so today i have a lot to do smile
I'm also a fan of HOUSE smile:)
Kisses 4 everyone smile

Meh, I'm grounded because of my aching foot ;/ Not good.

The weather outside is just AWFUL. I'm going back to my cross stitching tongue Have a nice day, ladies smile

Soo.. I'm here - sitting in the place where we will have our tomorrow's event and downloading some stupid files... One guy forgot that he was supposed to bring them today so he uploaded them to an ftp server - would be great if those wouldn't be .wav files - really, really big...
And I have to download them now - everyone else apart from my mom who is chatting and drinking coffee somewhere upstairs, are gone and I sit in this empty cafeteria with my mom's computer and I'm oh so very bored...
I have 2 files left - each of them will be downloading for about 1,5 hour. I will be at home at noon or smthng... And of course tomorrow I have to get up at 6 AM 'cause I need to be back here at 7.30 AM.

Hope someone's here now - cause I need a little cheering chat...

Penny, how can I cheer you up? Some ideas? Suggestions?

pennylane napisał/a:

(...) and of course (!!!!) I love House. Are you waiting for the 7th season as much as I do? Can't wait to see how House's and Cuddy's relationship will work.

Huh, I haven't finished 6th season yet, thanks for spoiling tongue I'm always a bit behind with series endings and there's always at least one person who spoils it for me... wink

Anyhoo - my day at work was awful if it cheers anybody up tongue Mondays are.... bleaaaah
I'm exhausted, I have to study now and I hope tomorrow will be more... bearable (I don't know if it's the right word but it's the only thing that came to my mind)...

I'm planning to go to hairdresser's tomorrow, but I can't tell if I won't chicken tongue I'm always afraid to cut my hair, I hate that, but my hair looks lousy and I'm starting to think it's just about time to do something about that... I suppose I'll never manage to grow really long hair like I always wanted, now it's reaching my waist and it just doesn't look good anymore - the endings are split (is this a proper phrase? wink) and my hair is getting thinner and thinner... Can any of you tell me what haircut would make my hair look thicker (I mean - look like I had more hair tongue)?

pennylane Hoży doktorzy what a funny and tragic translation as well smile I didn't know this show but maybe I will search for it. 

What about House and Californication this are my favourite too. But what is funny, even I have seasons on my notebook I don't have time to watch it so TV catches me smile 

Anemonne My day at work also was awful so you aren't alone. The morning was quite lazy but after 3 hours I didn't know what I have to do first because everything was so important hmm.

Hairdresser oh I'm afraid of them maybe because I didn't have enough money to go to the dearest one. So I am trying to avoid them as long as I can smile

37 Ostatnio edytowany przez pennylane (2010-06-21 22:18:44)

a_normalna - well, after everything that happened today I think that the only thing that will cheer me up is my bed.... an maybe two episodes of Scrubs.
Seriously, so many things went wrong today.... Not the big ones - the tent, lightening and sound was perfect. But some stupid detailes wich ruined everything - for example those files I was downloading. I had to stop it because I took simply too long! And everyone were pissed of because now we are not sure if everything is going to work perfectly tomorrow (yes, I am downloading them now...) (because I came home like 20 minutes ago)! And another thing - the nurse. In every big event you organize you have to hire a nurse - and of course she was not answering her phone all day and I got blamed for not taking care of this earlier.

And, for the greatest, ideal ending of this nightmare - day - police caught me!
DAMN!!!
Come on, I am a driver for 2 years and I have never, never ever been caught! And now for what? Of course for using my phone!!! 200 PLN!!! Damn, damn, damn!!!! I was so pissed of that I started to cry...

Anemonne - about the House thing - don't be silly you knew for sure that they will finally end together. It was so obvious since the last season finale!!! I was just waiting for it - and, of course, I was also sure that the big love scene will happen at the end of the last episode. However, don't think this spoiles everything - actually this season finale is so amazing that even when I knew the ending I've watched it three times smile

As for the hair - I have the exactly same problem. I try to grow my hair (don't know if that's the proper verb) for 3 years or something. And lately my mom's hairdrasser (like one of the "good" hairdrassers in the city centre in Warsaw where you have a separate room for washing and another for smoking and mini tv-screens in front of your chair - so I think this woman knows what she is talking about) told me that because of my hair type they will never be long. They brake and split just after they reach my shoulders. That is why I've bought some clip-ons about which I've wrote in some other topic and I just extend them every day wink It takes 10 min and looks great.

Lena Yeah, you should watch out with shows - once you start it is extremely hard to stop watching them. Well, some of them particularly wink

38 Ostatnio edytowany przez a_normalna (2010-06-22 00:00:17)

As always - the Devil lies in the details wink

I had a huge quarell with my mother. As usual she thinks that because I failed two out of seven exams it means I'm not good enough to study at the UJ. She's not capable of accepting the fact that I AM able to graduate from this f*** university. I'm sick & tired of this whole situation. I know I screwed up with my BA and now I have to wait till September to take the exam, but hey - better late than never.

a_normalna Don't be worry our parents always have great aspirations about their children. I think that only two failed exams of seven it's quite good result smile

pennylane it's sure that you had really tough day today and this police caught - as the cherry on the cake smile

Hello everybody:)
My name is Kamila. I'm 21 y.o. I study English:) But I have to say I am not the best in it:)
What more? I'm going to marry after two months and in January I will be mummy:)

Really sorry for my mistakes:/ I'm still learning:)

Julia Zofia ur. cc 7 stycznia 2011 r., godz. 00:21 ; 3650 g. 52 cm 

"Każdą sekundę mojego życia nazywam Twoim imieniem, bez Ciebie moja dziecino świat dla mnie nie istnieje."

Hey smile
I'm off to work - hoping for Tuesday to be just better than Monday.
Have a nice day gals smile

42 Ostatnio edytowany przez Antoninaa (2010-06-22 10:00:57)

Hi, can any of you I understand. big_smile

Anemonne, If you're blonde, you can strengthen the hair mask with olive oil and lemon juice (half a glass of heated olive oil mixed with the juice of half a lemon), dark hair, rinse with lukewarm tea, thanks to her hair regain a healthy appearance. Damaged hair - Nutritional mask with rycyniny. (I think big_smile) should be heated two tablespoons of castor oil, add egg yolk and a teaspoon of lemon juice. The resulting mixture poured into the hair or ends, impose upon the head of a branch and wrap a towel. After 30 minutes rinse hair and wash your normal shampoo. To Maily pretty hair gloss should be applied at the last rinse so. "Cold shock" - that is to pour a stream of cold water smile

I'll probably never write correctly, I confused the languages hmm And maybe now I am so empty that I do not understand. I return to reading the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice ... I've got 1,000 pages sad Sometimes hard to read with understanding wink I wish you all a pleasant day smile

I break all the prohibitions, and still does not want to give me a mandate - they could at least out of politeness big_smile  Hahaha ...

wow such a great idea with this cafe smile)

a have a big problem with English - I understand almost everything but I'm afraid to talk. grrr of course I'm learning -> private lessons, but still I have a lot to do. so -please- you can correct my mistakes smile)

and -I also love House and Californication I watch only this two series. but in my opinion 6th sezon is booooooring (I'm stucked at the 20 espisode) they shouldn't create the 7th sezon, but I will watch it of course tongue

and for the end sth about me: I work at the non-profit organization and the most important thing in my life is my man big_smile

uff for the first time it's everthing - i'm exhausted

dam radę

Ewel, it's a common problem with some kind of a "blockade" to speak. It is easier to read/listen and understand than to create by yourself utterances. Mental processes involced in those two situations are quite different, the brain works different.

I agree with you all-it's a great idea to gather here and chat in English (we also have German cafe from today, but I don't anderstand anything there tongue)

As some of you know, last year I graduated at my Uni, but honestly it's not the school I'd recommend to anyone. I was studying English Language and Literature there, unfortunately I still need much work and time to improve my skills.

What about my day.. it's very lazy. As every day I'm sending lots of CVs and covering letters.. Finding a job is not so easy these days...

I've just memorised something! Last Saturday I went to my friend, as she had invited me to a party. After all it came out to be a girlish evening, but it's not what I wanted to tell you about. That friend of mine doesn't speak good English, so sometimes she finds herself in very funny situations. So, last week she called her letting agency to tell her letting agent that she has problem with snails, as she found several in her kitchen cupoards (what, by the way is gross!!). And she speaks with that guy and tries to explain to him what's that about: "Hi, it's Eva, I have problem, I have animal in the kitchen, animal that French people eat." and the agent thinks a while and says:'Aaa, you mean you have frogs!"  smile

I couldn't have stopped laughing when she told me that wink and everything because she didn't know the word "snail"

"Jesteś tym, czym wierzysz, że jesteś." Paulo Coelho

46 Ostatnio edytowany przez pennylane (2010-06-22 18:06:00)

Hello girls - I just came back home. Everything went super great! I was on my hills for 10 hours so my legs hurt a little bit but seriously - after yesterday I thought it'll be a disaster.
The band - Afromental - and also my mates were great, marcin prokop too. I'm so, so glad that it's the end and hope that my mom will be produ of me.

a_normalna Well, do your parents pay for your college? Because I would understand if you're only studying (not working), living with your parents and making them pay. If that's not the case you should try to tell them that you're a big girl and you can handle this.
However, at the first year when I was at the evening studies, not working, I truly understood my mom being pissed of with my terrible grades. The funny thing is that I started to study hard when I begun to work - probably it's the every day rhytm and the fact, that you have to do everything as quick as it's possible becuase later you may not have the time for it.
Don't worry now - just try to pass those exams with A's in september smile

I have my obrona tomorrow at 9.30 so wish me luck smile

Penny, I lived in Kraków for the last three years of mu studies and for the first two years my parents gave my the money. I owe them a huge debt, but the thing is that my mother's really muleheaded. My father understands that failing for the first time an exam doesn't mean I will never pass it. That's why there are resitts being made wink

I'll keep my fingers crossed smile

Antoninaa napisał/a:

Anemonne, If you're blonde, you can strengthen the hair mask with olive oil and lemon juice (half a glass of heated olive oil mixed with the juice of half a lemon), dark hair, rinse with lukewarm tea, thanks to her hair regain a healthy appearance. Damaged hair - Nutritional mask with rycyniny. (I think big_smile) should be heated two tablespoons of castor oil, add egg yolk and a teaspoon of lemon juice. The resulting mixture poured into the hair or ends, impose upon the head of a branch and wrap a towel. After 30 minutes rinse hair and wash your normal shampoo. To Maily pretty hair gloss should be applied at the last rinse so. "Cold shock" - that is to pour a stream of cold water smile

Thank you very, very much for advice smile I just came back from the hairdresser's and i have a new haircut, so from now on I should start to really take care of my hair wink I got rid of about 15-20 cm of my long hair... I'll probably be crying later, but now I'm quite happy tongue

pennylane napisał/a:

However, at the first year when I was at the evening studies, not working, I truly understood my mom being pissed of with my terrible grades. The funny thing is that I started to study hard when I begun to work - probably it's the every day rhytm and the fact, that you have to do everything as quick as it's possible becuase later you may not have the time for it.
Don't worry now - just try to pass those exams with A's in september smile

That's what I'm just trying to do - combine work with studying... I have my exams starting in a week and I just got a new job a week ago. I don't know if I can find some free time to do everything yet hmm

pennylane napisał/a:

I have my obrona tomorrow at 9.30 so wish me luck smile

Good luck, pennylane! smile Fingers crossed!

pennylane, good luck!

noelle, if we talk about funny situations connected with "the lack of words", a few years ago I was in France. I had a terrible flu and a running nose so I jumped into the nearest pharmacy to buy tissues. The problem was, I totally forgot the word "tissue" and tried to explain what it's that. I said "something to dry your nose" and started a pantomime... So the guy gave me... "Always" (a sanitary towel...). We went through almost 10 things until he got my point... tongue

But, thanks to that - I always remember "tissue"... And I take my dictionary with me, when I'm abroad!

Tosia, have you been learnig for 4 month? Are you sure? hmmm. you are very clerver big_smile.
I know. I didn't write, sorry I was busy. Education, education, learnig, learnig.
At now I can write to you big_smile
I'll promise to write tomorrow tongue

51 Ostatnio edytowany przez pennylane (2010-06-22 21:42:29)

a_normalna Ok, I get it - overreacting mom. You couldn't find anyone who knows this topic better wink My mom is craaazy! The only way to live with this is to move to an own place smile and to shut your ears when mommy goes nuts big_smile The fight is a worst possible solution - e.g. my mom gets extremely frustrated when I try to make my point - so I just learnd to keep my mouth shut. Although I do think a lot of nasty things then tongue

Anemonne Yeah, cutting hair is such a tempting thing. You always go to the hairdresser with a thought that you will only cut the ends but you start to look through some newspapers and stuff and you start to like some crazy, short cut so much that you want to give it a try. It is so super cool for two - three weeks and then... you start to regret and you promise to yourself that this is the last time and from now on you try to grown them. Of course until the next visit at the hairdresser smile Been there oh some many times I can't even count it.

And for all the rest of you - thanks for crossing your fingers. Hope it will help smile

PS. I've just watched the last episode of the 8th season of Scrubs. Officialy I'm in love with Zach Braff (been in love since the Garding State but now even more). Damn you supersexy movie stars! Why you do that with my head?!?!?!

52 Ostatnio edytowany przez Lena (2010-06-22 23:01:02)

Ewel I've got the same problem as you - I understand almost everything but if I have to tell something, then all english word just dissapear smile But I think that it's better than a few months ago because I don't affraid of speaking even I'm making mistakes smile

noelle What a brave decision - to go abroad and live there. Are you agree with this that this is the best way to learn languages?

Penny wow Afromental and Prokop 8) I am shock so you know famous people smile And I was sure that everything will be ok today smile I will cross my fingers too.

Anyway who knows what is the english word for "obrona"?

I also combined my work with studies - it was quite hard and tiring ( I was working from second or third year of my studies) but as penny says then we have better organisation and everything is possible smile

53 Ostatnio edytowany przez a_normalna (2010-06-22 22:59:43)

pennylane napisał/a:

[my mom gets extremely frustrated when I try to make my point - so I just learnd to keep my mouth shut.

It's exactly the same with my mom. A few times I really tried to behave and act cool. But last time I've had enough. The same accusations, the same words over and over again and I simply hit the roof. I can't remeber when was the last time I had screamed (!) like that. For now it's good and she's acting like nothing has happened. We shall see how it will develop.

Let's change the subject: has anyone heard about Avenue Q? It's a musical with puppets (seems to be like Sezame street, but with racial and homophobic issues) and the songs are BRILLIANT!

Hey girls! Soo... I have a 5 for my obrona!!! Hell yeah!!! smile
5 for a diploma project, 5 for obrona. The final arithmetic mean is 4,5 (all grades from 3 years of studies + grades from the project and from the obrona). I'm so amazingly happy I can't even say smile smile smile

Lena
I think there is no special word for obrona in english. My promotor who is from Wales always says "obrona" in polish. Maybe you can call it simply an oral exam or something but for example I've never heard someone calling it a defence or something like that.

a_normalna Maybe you shoudl simply try to move out? Then your relations with your mom will get so, so, soooo better. I know what I'm talking about smile
I've never heard of Avenue Q - can you paste a linkt to youtube?

And as for the link to youtube - here is a video clip where I also play... I won't tell you wich girl I am to keep some mystery smile but you can watch it even tought because it is really great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VEHmgJyZRg

Penny, it's the last year of me living here. Next July I'm getting married and there's no way we can live either with my or his parents.

Here you have some songs (the best ones):

The internet is for.... porn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-TA57L0kuc

If you were gay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YUcMJFK … re=related

And Royal Variety Performance (a medley of a few songs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxqz7-CGIc4

Listent to them and tell me what do you think big_smile

Posty [ 1 do 55 z 301 ]

Strony 1 2 3 6 Następna

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj by napisać odpowiedź

Forum Kobiet » NASZA SPOŁECZNOŚĆ » English speakers only! ;-) - netkafejka po angielsku

Zobacz popularne tematy :

Mapa strony - Archiwum | Regulamin | Polityka Prywatności

© www.netkobiety.pl 2007-2018